"The Tiger" is up for sale then

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Hoffman Grink

Re: "The Tiger" is up for sale then

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The first time The Windhund worked with her officially.. 2002 - Southampton - Private 40th Birthday party for a REAL millionaire....
I met the Tiger the previous summer at Beltring - The sun wasn't up and I came across the bridge to the loo block...A thick mist was thigh high and in the half light I saw her...... I thought she was real. After having a wee I went across to her and examined her in awe...... I quickly found out who owned her and got the story of Sam's Circus, (which she was built for)the failed pilot and how she came to be sitting a Beltring..... That day I donned the blacks and mounted up...... It was the beginning of a love affair :lol:
The rest, as they say is history...... Wherever she goes I hope the new owner gets as much pleasue from her as we have over the years. All you who got to work with her - cherish the memory. Those who admired her from afar..... enjoy those memories..... And remember - If you have nothing good to say - say nothing. I think we all knowwhat I mean :wink:
michaelw

Post by michaelw »

Cheers Paul.
Fritz bayerlein

Post by Fritz bayerlein »

Would be a shame to see the Tiger go. :(
[130] Panzer Lehr reg 902 Unit Leader
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

I have to say I'd rather see the 'had its day' tiger rolling around rather than the batallions of badly converted russian combos that seem to have arrived over the last year or two.
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
Johan Fink

Post by Johan Fink »

I have to agree with Paul on this one...The first time i saw her was at Beltring 4-5 years ago, i think Mike was the owner then?...i'll never forget it. Even got to ride on the back of her & did a "lap of honour" around the entire site. The look on the MOPS faces as we crawled along, dust flying,cameras clicking! the interest in her even as a replica was amazing,that tells you something...

All the best,
Johan.
Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue W.A.R.S Das Reich 2nd SS
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

She certainly was a crowd pleaser. My son saw her at Beltring when he was about 3 and was amazed by her. Would be a shame if she left the UK
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

nelz

Post by nelz »

...word on the street, ...... it's going abroad ! :shock:

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Too late for the Winter Olympics though....
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It'd never slide on that snow - Too soft..... Tracks not wide enough...... Wouldn't have a problem if it hit a steel pole though....... :roll:
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

And which kind of Lugers are we talking about now...? :lol:
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I been going trhough my old pics and when Tiger 1 as it was came to Rothley in 2007 - Here's a beauty I doctored - Made me laugh when I saw it anyway.
Ahsez.JPG
Ahsez.JPG (82.06 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Wouldn't have a problem if it hit a steel pole though.......
Nor a building on an airfield somewhere in England?
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

whatever you think of this

when its gone its gone there will not be another one and something very big will be missing

the real stuff will never be within our reach and i for one would buy it if i could afford it!

used in the right way this is priceless to what we try to achieve

it is a loss of massive irreplacable proportion :(
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It's gone KK - to Canada when the new owner sorts out the paperwork - StuG has gone to the Spanish lads and the decision now is does it stay here or get shipped to Espagna?

Like I said earlier - various people have mixed emotions about it for several reasons - We in the Windhund were privileged and lucky enough to be first dibs - My best memories are Beltring and Mil Oddessey and giving Gabriel the helm as a birthday present. I've always liked to share and we did just that..... Oodles of people had their pics taken on her - I don't think we refused anyone when we had her.

Carl Brown doesn't often get a mention these days but he's the guy who built her and he has steadfastly looked after her through thick and thin. Him and his team made her possible - Me and my team as was then gave her her first big public exposure. Big old dirty 134 is what she was originally..... and everyone loved her. The lads who formed Tiger 1 got some good weekends with her and she formed a big part of the scene. But to say she is a massive, irreplaceable loss? Hmmmmmmm let's wait and see...... Never say Never mate. :wink:
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

ssparatrooper wrote: when its gone its gone there will not be another one and something very big will be missing

used in the right way this is priceless to what we try to achieve

it is a loss of massive irreplacable proportion :(
:twisted: Bubbles - is there somthing you have not told me about?? :twisted:
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!

Return to “Vehicles”