Mercedes 170 V

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Botty

Re: Mercedes 170 V

Post by Botty »

On your car Keith the WH on the wing with the headlamp fitted was used as a temporary device on requsitioned (Spelling?) car before the full official insignia could be added.

You are putting yours together, I am taking mine appart to fettle its rustly little underparts!
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
KDF

Post by KDF »

Botty wrote:On your car Keith the WH on the wing with the headlamp fitted was used as a temporary device on requsitioned (Spelling?) car before the full official insignia could be added.

You are putting yours together, I am taking mine appart to fettle its rustly little underparts!
Ahhh, must confess the WH was chalked on by me :). However the other wing as a square `patch` of metal welded on it, just where a front convoy lamp would have been fitted. I now know the wings,radiator and bonnet are from the car originally, so the paint underneath the dark Blue, was Grey and under that seems to be Black...Now i have to find original convoy lights, and the switch.
Founder member of AFRA.
KDF

Post by KDF »

In black and White
Attachments
Picture 1919.jpg
Picture 1919.jpg (214.12 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
Founder member of AFRA.
KDF

Post by KDF »

I've paint stripped the wings, and the original colour of them is a Dark Blue. I've a sense that this was a high ranking officers vehicle of the Kreigs Marine ?

However I'd like to paint it either back to that or pre/early war Grey. What's the RAL code to use for either, if anyone knows ?

Regards,

Keith
Founder member of AFRA.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

I think its RAL 7021 or dark-grey No. 46 for the greys black I will have to look
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Paint it Maroon with Black wings and sod chuffing re-enactment - we'll all piss off into the countryside for picnics dressed as Bertie Wooster and Chums
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

It's RAL7021 for the grey - you can still buy it under that code from the 840B series.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
KDF

Post by KDF »

Well I know that it's synthetic paint system,but my old contact for buying from as retired. Any ideas where one could get it from now a days ?
Founder member of AFRA.
KDF

Post by KDF »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Paint it Maroon with Black wings and sod chuffing re-enactment - we'll all piss off into the countryside for picnics dressed as Bertie Wooster and Chums
Maybe I ought to paint it in RAF Blue :)
Founder member of AFRA.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

KDF wrote:Well I know that it's synthetic paint system,but my old contact for buying from as retired. Any ideas where one could get it from now a days ?
Well my UK contacts are over 6 years old (thats how long I have been here )
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Vehicles”