Anyone got an R12 ?

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Graeme G

Anyone got an R12 ?

Post by Graeme G »

I have just picked up a BMW R12 from Wales of all places. Anyone else got one or has restored one ? The bike is a basket case having being stripped down and partly done 20 years ago.
Enigma

Re: Anyone got an R12 ?

Post by Enigma »

I have a complete one but will probably never get it on the road as I have a Zundapp KS600 as well. (It might be that my son will complete the R12 project one day). If you want a complete list of all the parts I have one somewhere. The light machine and carburetor are the worst parts to get hold of. I might have an instruction manual as well. I can send it to you if you promise to return it….
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

i have one that is in one piece road registered and goes on the first kick and i use it more than i use my penis now days!

i love em! :lol:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

ssparatrooper wrote:and i use it more than i use my penis now days!
And it works longer :mrgreen: Kit kat so nice to have you back
ImageImageImageImageImage
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

Don't worry Ian, I think I found your penis outside schiller's tent. I've been putting it to good use, it's very useful for cleaning out the inside of carb jets, .... :D
xxxx
Graeme G

Post by Graeme G »

Enigma- thanks for the offer but I got a repro parts manual with the bike. Anybody ( mainly in the UK ) Know of anyone who wants a 1944 DKW NZ 350 from Normandy to restore???? Great project- thing is I have already got one and now the R12 has come along I really want to spend some time on it.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

What state is the dkw in? Is it an iron engine one? Do you have the frame and engine no's? Does it have the original typeplate? What's missing? Do you have a price in mind?

many thanks,

regards,

Dave

PS for R12's (or any other WH bike for that matter) Harvey Hoar in the UK has all kinds of bits so long as you're not in a hurry and don't plan to have any deadlines. He's also got lots of advice on them as well.
Graeme G

Post by Graeme G »

Well I've got one now. Sept '39 has been hiding in a shed in Wales for 13 years or so !
Attachments
img007.jpg
img007.jpg (180.59 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

nice
Graeme G

Post by Graeme G »

Trouble is I have got to be really disciplined and leave it alone for the time being whilst I finish off the DKW.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

That's my biggest problem, working on too many at once, stretched far too thin in time and money!

Return to “Vehicles”