Schwimmwagen Research.

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Jugendkrieger

Schwimmwagen Research.

Post by Jugendkrieger »

Hey Guys,

Looking for some information on schwimmwagen, I am doing some research for the possible future purchase of a Schwimmer Kit, and would like to have all of my research ducks in a row before I do anything or make a move. So I would be absolutely delighted if someone could point me in the best possible direction for some proper information.

Some Questions,

Based on my research military vehicles from Wehrkreis III (Berlin,Brandenburg) Would have plates in the range of 30,000 - 39,999. So including the year of issue, The unit was rebuilt in Lyon (Charbonnieres) on 6.43, Would that be at the latter end of the plate numbers or does it really matter? Are there stamps that need to go over the top like a motorrad number plate?

On most original photos I've seen it seems to be a split on color, nigh 50/50 on camo/dunkelgelb. If camo was the case I wouldnt worry much about the markings. Post refit, upon being sent to Italy we seemed to have a very common paintjob.

But I think Camo vehicles are pretty overdone in Reenacting. Where exactly do the markings go? Ive seen them above the "seem" on the front, On the rear, Under the front, Is there any regulation to this ? or is it just for what works? What goes on the drivers side panel for loading markings? I've been looking for that for ages.

Last, What are the tactical markings for a Schwimmwagen in a Motorized infantrie kompanie? Besides the Kreuz? Kompanie Number? Vehicle Number?

Apologies for all the questions, I am very much a vehicle noob.
Marc
9./G.R. Rgt 8 (Mot)
Tommy

Re: Schwimmwagen Research.

Post by Tommy »

This is quite a good site that might help you out:
http://www.vw166.com/
Jugendkrieger

Post by Jugendkrieger »

Nice site but I cant seem to get a confirmation email to activate my membership on the forum! Ach!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Yeah, it took a while to receive a reply to mine, I think the guy travels quite a bit therefore not always around to reply.
Worth the wait though as the site contains some good material.
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

by schwimmer kit do you mean you are buying a metal one from Thomas Zirfas in germany?
Frontschweine, Regiment 409

Return to “Vehicles”