help with this photo

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

abc123

help with this photo

Post by abc123 »

comrades!

can you help me identify this picture? Its a Bulgarian Panzer IV (called a Maybach in the Bulgarian army).

Has anybody seen this pic before and can identify where/when it was taken? Also, does anybody know what colour it would be? Panzer yellow? When Bulgaria left the axis the Soviet Army gave them the T34 and some Panthers to replace these, but they became additions NOT replacements. The Maybach continued in service.

What I really want to know is if this is an Axis pic or a BPA pic. Sorry its so grainy by the way. Getting good pics of Bulgarian armour isn't so easy.

http://13guards.bravehost.com/Bulgar.html
stumpf

Post by stumpf »

It looks like this one is whitewashed if you look at the spare track links.
According too the book
The eastern front, by steven zaloga, they where overpainted dark green,with the national sheild added
abc123

Post by abc123 »

Thanks mate. Very useful. I saw some drawings of a Bulgarian Panther with a pirate flag flying from it but wasn't sure...

There is also the black diagonal cross on white, (like the flag of scotland but with a light background) on some, but its nice to know the colour. Not that our group will ever get our hands on one... But if we did, well its nice to dream innit?

Return to “Vehicles”