SdKfz 222 Panzerspahwagon ( 2-cm )

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

berlin1945

SdKfz 222 Panzerspahwagon ( 2-cm )

Post by berlin1945 »

SdKfz 222 Panzerspahwagon ( 2-cm ) A good friend of mine is considering producing one of these and has asked for help in gathering the correct information for this replica to be made , such as

What would be the best chassis and frame to build one of these on?

Is it possible for him to obtain quality drawings and dimensions for its production?

These include exterior and interior plans.

Any help would be very much appreciated as it will give a better insight into the logistics and costings associated with such a project.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help in bringing this project forth.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
jimmyvonk

Re: SdKfz 222 Panzerspahwagon ( 2-cm )

Post by jimmyvonk »

Most copies knocking about in the UK are built on Landy or Range Rover chassis. I think LWB but I'm not sure.

As for Plans, I think Albert Speer's telephone number is in the phone book so you could try that. ;) Otherwise there must be a host of good books on the subject, and buying a model kit and scaleing it all up has been done.

The main problem is the Landy engine is at the wrong end, so the driving position is a compromise and visability and ergonomics are poor. An automatic gearbox is a bonus.

A trip to a show with a tape measure and some paper would yeald a hoast of details.

Good luck!
SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

I think you might find one in the South of Ireland with BGS
ImageImageImageImageImage
LAH- Obergrenadier

Post by LAH- Obergrenadier »

One of Jon Phillips creations.....he is the man to speak to for any info and tech advise......he has built five 222 spahwagens over the years.

Good luck with the build......

BigH
STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG

Return to “Vehicles”