Urgent suggest vehicle owners read this

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Crazy Feldgendarme

Urgent suggest vehicle owners read this

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

A EU directive which unless opposed may well put many of the vehicles we use off the road, making them illegal.

I dont think it will affect vehicles that are not used on the road but have a look folks and lets see what others think.

http://www.the-ace.org.uk/site/wp-conte ... agedon.pdf
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Sturmschar

Re: Urgent suggest vehicle owners read this

Post by Sturmschar »

Ah another one of these EU edicts which will surely become consigned to the long grass! So some poor copper is going to stop me in my Kubel get out his EU guide to the 1944 VW Kubelwagen and commence a through inspection of the vehicle - I dont think so. If, and I think its a big "if", this does become law its pretty much unenforceable and as such will be quietly rolled into a ditch. Whenever I see this kind of stuff I always think of my annual trip to MOT station where the mechanic looks at my Kubel laughs and writes out the certificate. Is that an early beetle front hub or a Kubel one I see before me?
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

I hope your right mate, actually it will as you say be a minefield for the coppers and the ministry to enforce
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

The proposal looks like the vehicle manufacturers has been handing round the brown envelopes.

"Our cars are lasting too long, must make more profit, pay that MEP a bung and get him to make it illegal to use anything but our OEM parts, should bump up the shareholders divvy... etc etc."

IMHO eveyone aboard the Brussels gravy train should be hung up by the balls or flang as appropriate.

I compleatly agree with the Sturmschar though, it's compleatly unenforcable for almost all vehicles, certainly for ones we would be interested in as WW2, infact anything pre EEC type aproval...

Considering original parts lists for some of our vehicles are none existant, it's all twaddle.

Your average MOT/Police type won't have a clue.

How would they know if I'd used a '39 lever on my '38 bike if even I'm not sure.

I guess the main worry is for the Kustom car / Kit car guys, as they have obviously modified, but even then most MOT/Police will still not have a clue that your '40 Ford was never that low originally.. ;)
SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG

Return to “Vehicles”