The Windhund Halftrack

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Hoffman Grink

The Windhund Halftrack

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Our old faithful (see below)

Is in the process of a wonderful facelift.

Next year she will emerge butterfly like from her chrysalis and dazzle all who behold her.....

It's taken a lot of work and a lot of Reichmarks.... but as usual, when we do summat, we do it right. She is being converted to very closely resemble a SdKfZ 251/1D. She will be pulling the PaK at major shows and solo at smaller ones. We still have an unconverted vehicle and if anyone wants a similar job doing, please get in touch for a quote..... Still toying with the idea of converting the other to a 251/10 or 17.....
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Would love to be a passenger in your half-track. One of the best vehicles the Germans produced.
Formerly of GD Recon.
Herr Taff

Post by Herr Taff »

Just a question, is it owned by your group, or an individual member?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

An individual member owns it (owns both of them in fact!) Collective ownership can be potentially fatal..... Works for some however.
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

I could actually buy one of those! tell me how much you want! and you might have to wait till next summer.

I'll probably just settle for a motorbike though, cheaper and you don't have to worry about the idiots riding with you.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

If you're serious Irv - PM me as I can arrange a price for the unconverted one - Can also look to getting the conversion work done for you too....

As to your last humorous statement - I'll remember that next time we go for a ride - You can commune with nature (and our dust and exhaust fumes) as you trot merrily alongside a la Beltring :lol:

Remember - Third Class riding is better than First Class walking any day of the week!
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Should look fantastisch when its completed! Now where are my spanners! :wink:
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

too late now but not long a go i could have afforded one :roll:

but try telling your missus it is an investment.

got away with it with the other thing.

nice one...... der winds

only thing is their up BLOOOOODY NOOORFF
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

Now THAT'S what I call a Chopper! 8)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Shhhh Davey! CutnShut Dalby is what they call me up here! we are now in talks with some old bugger about what to do with the second one!!!! And as a clue he's looking for either a Flak38 or some bloody 75mm thing!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Update 14 Jan 2006
Body now bolted on. Bins fitted. New Fuel pump installed. Front Deck plate fitted along with partially fitted Track Brake assembly.

At present on target for Swynnerton.

Pics below

les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hi paul
are you guys having to fabricate any of the parts.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Yeah! Lots! But most of it's done for now......... We have a cunning plan (in fact we have lots of photos and drawings.......) and it seems to be working....... You were going to offer to help weren't you?

We might need some small stuff like brackets Les......

Return to “Vehicles”