"Repro" Truppenfahrd

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Obergefreiter Hansch

"Repro" Truppenfahrd

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

As I wanted to have some cheap, easy transport at some field events, I decided to make up a repro fahrrad. Here it is; its a 28 inch vintage English or Australian frame with steel wheels and mostly vintage parts. None of it is original German bits. They are kind of hard to come by in Australia!!!!!

Visually I think it looks good- Max Schmidt, a professional engineer and metalsmith made this luggage rack and two others for similar projects (one is his own) so big thanks to Max for that!

Paint is satin black enamel. Disregard the blue tipped grips!!!!!! :wink: I will use original handlebars if i can find some detachable ones and possibly a better looking saddle, but other than that its done. The frame is slightly out in dimension to an original and as such the repro ammo boxes will not fit into the frame :evil:

It is certainly better to roar around on this than destroy an original. I intend to treat it rough and get some use out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stefan

Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Botty

Re: "Repro" Truppenfahrd

Post by Botty »

Not bad at all.

Have a look here for period looking bits you may want to finish it off with:

http://www.theoldbicycle.co.uk/

these people may be able to help with bits for an authentic looking front brake (if you can speak/read german)

http://www.velo-classic.de/
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Thanks Botty, those Brooks saddles look the beezneez.
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Max Schmidt

Post by Max Schmidt »

Hey Stefan
Noice!

Here's mine, also an Aussie frame, with some parts made by me and some scrounged from near and far...

Max
leicanthrope

Post by leicanthrope »

Taking advantage of an unusual bit of free time (i.e. losing my job), I finally finished the restoration on my pseudo-Truppenfahrrad. It's an American bike, a "Peerless" from H.P. Snyder made somewhere between 1933-1941. The bell and the light are pre-1945 German production (both DRGM marked), and the rack is 1940 dated. No idea where it came from though. Nice thing about the light is that it can run off of a dynamo, or you can use one of those funky square batteries from German flashlights. I still have some accessorizing to do, but she's at least passable enough to bring out of the garage now.
Attachments
truppenfahrrad12_08.jpg
truppenfahrrad12_08.jpg (94.02 KiB) Viewed 5678 times
Stabsgefreiter Friedrich Lange
5./Gren-Rgt.916
Moller

Post by Moller »

Here is my "repro" Truppenfahrrad..any thoughts? feedback? suggestions are welcome..

Danke,
Attachments
small_P1050594.JPG
small_P1050594.JPG (15.44 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
Max Schmidt

Post by Max Schmidt »

Moller
Nice rack!
Actually, nice bike all over.
Cheers
Max
Moller

Post by Moller »

Yes, the rack is very nice. :P . Thank you for your help, support and feedback!! Look forwards to us taking them for a spin..! Tour de France June 1940 :lol: :lol:

Return to “Vehicles”