steyr 1500 A manschaftwagen

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

schwarz engel

Re: steyr 1500 A manschaftwagen

Post by schwarz engel »

Pug42 wrote:Olivgrun and rotbraun applied with a broom? Nice to see somebody trying to move away from the so-called 'textbook' schemes. I'd personally like to see a bit more variation in the intensity of the camo colours as there was enormous variation in the field due to varying dilutions of the paste-supplied colours by troops, plus they could be diluted with water, fuel, dirty engine oil - all of which gave different hues, never mind the degree of dilution!

Nice vehicle!

This is gonna be a good year for German vehicles at shows!! :wink:
Hello pug glad you like my sub standard paint job ! 1st pic was first paint jobee i let it settle then i had the bobby sands attack !yep i think your right these were battle taxis and they would of re applied the paint cammo schemes as they needed it if there was time .Using what ever they could use ,if you look at the bigger collections theres a pattern of a paint schemes usually indicating one man s work .

i can only think of one wartime picture where the vehicles all have the same style of cammo , wavy lines ime sure it was a ss unit under review france i think ? :twisted:
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

schwarz engel wrote:i can only think of one wartime picture where the vehicles all have the same style of cammo , wavy lines ime sure it was a ss unit under review france i think ? :twisted:
Exactly! Schemes applied by crews could differ wildly, although if a couple of guys were detailed to do all the vehicles in their platoon you would then get three or four with same scheme. Occasionally this might have happened at company level, but the Panthers you refer to I suspect were in one of the 'factory' schemes where the camo was applied at the finishing stage. Best examples of these 'standardised' schemes are the late war 'ambush' patterns and the various patterns applied to Panzerjäger 38s (better known to us as Hetzers) which can be used to identify which factory produced them.

Vehicle camo is a never-ending source of wonder as every time you think you have seen everything you come across a pic with yet another weird and wonderful expression of abstract art!!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
joki

Post by joki »

test of snow chains 8) 8)
Attachments
Snímek 465.jpg
Snímek 465.jpg (85.07 KiB) Viewed 5608 times
Stefan1944

Post by Stefan1944 »

Wow, looks great - with all the recent snow could do with that here in UK at moment.... :shock:
schwarz engel

Post by schwarz engel »

nice one joky can you post some more please ? :twisted:

Return to “Vehicles”