Restored Kettenkrad ??

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

mario33

Restored Kettenkrad ??

Post by mario33 »

Do you know someone that owns a restored Kettenkrad in running condition ? Possibly visiting evet at Beltring, so I would be able to see it in July.

any links to informative www pages and/or books in English/German/Russian/Polish :) would also be appreciated.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Paulkd

Re: Restored Kettenkrad ??

Post by Paulkd »

I dont know if he has still got it, but JohnPhillips has/had? Andy Scorgie's old one?

Anyways I dont think Ive ever been to a recent Beltring without at least one Kettenkrad! Normaly there at least two or three rattling about! Even if the owners dont like you sitting on them at least you can have a good look! I'm so glad i got to park my bum on Andy's as much as I did when he had it!!!

If German bikes are your thing (Zundapps, DKW"S, NSU"S and even the odd BMW R12 (LOL)) you should come and find us on the SBG display!
Um lets see, there is my Zundapp KS600, Steve and his KS600, Glen and his KS750, George and his KS750, Tom and his KS750, Kitkat with his BMW R12, Simon and his DKW NZ350, Dave and his NSU 601, James and his BMW R35, Muller and his BMW R35, James and his Wander and now NSU201....

and there may be more krads, you never know!
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Bob Fleming is often there with his.
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

True true! Is'nt there a bloke up north (paul?) who has one? I got to drive it at Horndean one year.
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Try Andreas Melhorn

http://www.kettenkrad.de/index_e.htm

andreas.mehlhorn@t-online.de

I tried to catch up with him at W&P in 2000 but always kept missing him - he attends each year.
mario33

Post by mario33 »

thank you all for the replies. Will try to catch up with those present at Beltring. And with other 'krads' as well (thanks for the invite Paul).

I'm mad about motorcycles as much as I'm about militaria. Im thinking of getting something suitable for both purposes.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Return to “Vehicles”