whats the best repro WEB Y-STRAPS - 1944 militaria or AtF ?

Moderator: berlin1945

fieldgrey

whats the best repro WEB Y-STRAPS - 1944 militaria or AtF ?

Post by fieldgrey »

?????????????

does anyone have an AtF web ystrap they can review and even show, close up?
ANYONE???????
Colour seems modelled on a chocolate shade, and the back strap has a strange hole configuration.

1944 militaria web ys, are simpler, straightforward non eccentric tan colour throughout. And stitching is a decent olive shade...

AtF have restocked their web ys....but i havent seen a single owner review of them.
fieldgrey

Re: whats the best repro WEB Y-STRAPS - 1944 militaria or At

Post by fieldgrey »

no answers here seem to confirm my thoughts that these atf web ystraps are not really being used much at all...certainly not seen any!
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

I have them and they are excellent. Havent seen SMW or any of the other gucci ones however.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

GraemeMac wrote:I have them and they are excellent. Havent seen SMW or any of the other gucci ones however.

wow thats interesting...thanks for your answer.
please can you show us some of your pics of them if you get a chance.
thanks in advance.
dixiedrummer

Post by dixiedrummer »

I have some ATF ones as well. I think they are way better than 1944's. ATF made the web fabric in various shades too. I don't see anything wrong with the color, stitching or back strap.

ATF has plenty of detailed photos on the website, mine aren't going to be any different.
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

dixiedrummer wrote:I have some ATF ones as well. I think they are way better than 1944's. ATF made the web fabric in various shades too. I don't see anything wrong with the color, stitching or back strap.

ATF has plenty of detailed photos on the website, mine aren't going to be any different.
i reckon itd still be good to see these on the forum in new pics from owners...id be happy to show pics of my 1944 web ystraps to compare directly with your own pics of yours...
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

These were all I got off before the camera died. I've had them for coming up on 2 years I think. Used hard, other than paint wear, and some muck and grime and some fading(as the real thing would), solid as a rock.

The green/feldgrau 'button' on the back strap isn't original to the set I don't think, if my memory serves me I pinched the one from these for an MP40 sling.....or something. The original is a mild steel button in grey which matches the metalwork on the front straps.

SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

fieldgrey wrote:id be happy to show pics of my 1944 web ystraps to compare directly with your own pics of yours...
Lets see them then....
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

GraemeMac wrote:These were all I got off before the camera died. I've had them for coming up on 2 years I think. Used hard, other than paint wear, and some muck and grime and some fading(as the real thing would), solid as a rock.

The green/feldgrau 'button' on the back strap isn't original to the set I don't think, if my memory serves me I pinched the one from these for an MP40 sling.....or something. The original is a mild steel button in grey which matches the metalwork on the front straps.

Mmmm....these look NOTHING like the AtF ones on their site....but i LIKE these! Can we see more ?!
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

These are the $125(if I remember rightly...), 'texled' model. Ill try get more pictures at some point.
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

GraemeMac wrote:These are the $125(if I remember rightly...), 'texled' model. Ill try get more pictures at some point.
Thanks very much for your efforts. When i can i will show some 1944 militaria ones...
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

What happens when you want to shorten the backstrap? Can you show this? The odd spacing in the backstrap holes means youll have loads to fold over just to reach the second hole. Ive NEVER seen an original like this. :^(

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”