New low boots

One of the world's premier reenactment vendors.

Moderator: g girl

ssparatrooper

Re: New low boots

Post by ssparatrooper »

g girl wrote:Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:
Hello,

The pair someone in my group recieved after ordering and paying them on july 2 2011 (!!!) arrived last week, and the uppers are covered in yellow paint. This paint prevents any boot dye or care products to soak into the leather, how do we get it off? We tried just about anything, even down to paint stripper and steel wool, but this does not work, it gets pieces of paint off but there are still a lot of painted spots on them. After treating them with black shoe polish we now have a pair of shoes that is black with large yellow spots.

What is your recommended solution? I don't get why the leather has been painted instead of dyed.
Wear a red nose? you wont look out of place with those blue trousers! 'lol
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

That's still no answer is it?
g girl

Post by g girl »

I will pm our phone number and we can discuss it properly.

Maureen
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

I had some similar from another supplier, they were roughout on the toe and painted upperparts,
but managed to sort it with steel wool soaked in vinigar, this fetches the surface off and colours
the leather to a certain degree then later apply shed loads of blacking (shoe polish)
Volunteer

Post by Volunteer »

Do you all remember my first post? :roll:
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Volunteer wrote:Do you all remember my first post? :roll:
I think I remember you getting reported for wearing your ass as a hat. No problems with MilitariaNet's business in general, on the contrary! It's just this single purchase that isn't everything we expected.
Volunteer

Post by Volunteer »

The only ass are you.
Buy trash and be happy with it!
g girl

Post by g girl »

Volunteer, you are a charming chap. I hope your not referring to my goods as trash, because there is a hell of a lot of people out there wearing/using them, and they are happy. In this climate we all cannot afford the creme de la creme, but that doesn't make it trash.
Obviously you like the finer things in life and feel the need to tell and show everybody. Does that explain your avitar???

Maureen
Volunteer

Post by Volunteer »

I didn´t say that all your items are trash. We spoke about these special kind of shoes, nothinhg else.

Kindergarten... :lol:
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Don't bite Tony/Mo.... the net is full of sodding boot and tunic experts these days....Just keep selling decent gear and giving the same pleasant, smiling service (well Mo at least :lol: ) that you are known for. Oh and let people try your caps on once in a while....

Well let me be that expert for a change. The boots shown show a poor sole construction, with only a smaller part of the soles pegged to the uppers. The rest of the soles are fixed to the uppers by glue, on these photos I can't see any marks that would suggest the soles are sewn aswell. These are very cheap, and most probably will do for the re-enactor that does 1 or 2 events each year. But for the hardknocks out there these will not last a single year. The sole construction is incorrect as there is no half-sole. These boots won't satisfy everyone, and the price may seem to be expensive. But I would challenge anyone saying that these are too expensive to make them cheaper and better.

I've not dealt with Militaria-Net before, so I cannot comment on that.
CDB taking it way too serious!

Return to “Militaria-Net”