DAK items by Richard Underwood.

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

Schäfer

DAK items by Richard Underwood.

Post by Schäfer »

Hi all,

I'm only putting this on here because numerous forum members have asked where they can find various DAK items.

Richard has informed me that he has the following in stock:-

"I now have in stock Some really Super Repro 98k Pouches,
Luger and Mauser /ppk Type Holsters In Brown Leather, Plus Brown Leather Belts, Spade carriers and bayonet Frogs, plus super Officers Wide Brown Leather Belts and Web Y straps."

Richard also makes the DAK tunics and matching epaulettes (* please note, some HK tunics aren't supplied with them) and M41 caps. I have one of his caps and it's superb.

He also sells Czech-made low and high lace-up boots, made to order in 4-6 weeks.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Feld Kuche

Re: DAK items by Richard Underwood.

Post by Feld Kuche »

Ive looked at Richards webpage, would you say his M41 caps are the best around? I'm looking for an early type, with infantry soutach and insignia sewn on as I can't sew for peanuts......Would everyone recommend him? Any other choices?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Richards current caps are top notch.
An alternative would be SMWholesale or GD43. Be prepared to pay for their product though.
Feld Kuche

Post by Feld Kuche »

A balance of good product and price would be preferrable and Richards seem to fit both criteria.

thankyou,
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Being another vendor this probably sounds a bit strange, but I'd have to say Richards Single button SS M43 cap looks superb. I own a GD43 single button cap which is fantastic, but given the choice I would probably go for Richards. Jealous :evil:
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Feld Kuche

Post by Feld Kuche »

Well thats a flattering recommendation then, from another vendor,,,
otto funk

Post by otto funk »

Who is GD43 seller ?????
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

did you try google? :roll:
http://www.gd43.com/
It's not hard.
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

On Tuesday 16th November I received some new DAK items from Richard, consisting of custom made epaulettes, an M41 cap with green soutache and one of his latest DAK tunics with insignia of my choice. All items fit perfectly and are of an excellent standard, I can't praise them highly enough!

M41 cap with Panzergrenadier soutache:

Cap, tunic and custom made epaulettes:

Epaulettes:

L-R: Propagandakompanie (with mouse-grey waffenfarbe), Panzergrenadier, Infantry (with white waffenfarbe.)
The infantry epaulettes are from ANTZ Militaria, but with Richard's tresse applied. The others are Richard's and with his tresse and waffenfarbe.

'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Feld Kuche

Post by Feld Kuche »

That is that good that I'm not sure how you're going to be able to take that out into the field and get it anywhere near dirty. 8)
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Feld Kuche wrote:That is that good that I'm not sure how you're going to be able to take that out into the field and get it anywhere near dirty. 8)
In the UK they do have days with no rain and hot weather !!! even +25c it is known that if we have 3 days no rain a hose pipe ban is issued :lol:
Very nice uniform items good sir Richard has some very good items
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Schäfer wrote: Epaulettes:

L-R: Propagandakompanie (with mouse-grey waffenfarbe), Panzergrenadier, Infantry (with white waffenfarbe.)
The infantry epaulettes are from ANTZ Militaria, but with Richard's tresse applied. The others are Richard's and with his tresse and waffenfarbe.

I recently had one of these DAK tunics from Richard, I agree they are great (also had M42 HBTs off him too, equally nice).

Schafer, I was intending to get some Panzergrenadier shoulderboards - without wishing to spark a "what shade of green waffenfarbe are panzergrenadiers" debate :D :lol: - the ones on the above photo look quite a bright (almost fluorescent!) green on my monitor rather than grass green - what are they like "in the flesh"? Hopefully it is just the photo or my monitor... If they aren't as bright as they look I'll get him to knock me some up.. :D

Cheers
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Jagdpanther wrote:
Schäfer wrote: Epaulettes:

I recently had one of these DAK tunics from Richard, I agree they are great (also had M42 HBTs off him too, equally nice).

Schafer, I was intending to get some Panzergrenadier shoulderboards - without wishing to spark a "what shade of green waffenfarbe are panzergrenadiers" debate :D :lol: - the ones on the above photo look quite a bright (almost fluorescent!) green on my monitor rather than grass green - what are they like "in the flesh"? Hopefully it is just the photo or my monitor... If they aren't as bright as they look I'll get him to knock me some up.. :D

Cheers
I took the photos in my kitchen with the very bright strip lighting on, plus the camera's flash was on. As a consequence the green (and the mouse-grey) waffenfarbe do look much brighter, almost luminescent, in the photos than they actually do in the flesh, so to speak.

However, that said, whenever I buy any new DAK gear I always wash the items a couple of times in the washing machine with strong detergent and then leave them on the line for a few days in all weathers, to take off any newness and to dull the colours down. The waffenfarbe normally goes the same way if I leave the epaulettes on the tunic. The pics were taken the day after the items arrived, so they still have that brand new look about them.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Cheers - I'll get him to knock some up then....

Return to “Deutsches Afrikakorps”