DAK Kustenartillerie impression

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

askhati

DAK Kustenartillerie impression

Post by askhati »

I started building my first DAK tunic for the 2014 summer season, took a quick pic this afternoon after finishing the second layer of RAL 8000 on the helmet:

Some guides:
The idea is to replicate character #1, but replacing the green tunic with the tan tunic from character #2.

The WIP:

Have:
- KA shoulder boards, M40 pattern (field-grey/green instead of the bottle green)
- Luftwaffe M41 tropical tunic (almost identical to KM tropical M41 tunic)
- M35 stahlhelm, with two layers of RAL 8000; no decals

Inbound:
- KM tropical breast eagle, yellow thread on tan backing
- Luftwaffe tropical trousers, tan; need to remove map pocket to replicate KM pattern
- Tropical webbing belt and Y-strap

Does anyone else have tropical KM impressions that they can show off?
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
askhati

Re: DAK Kustenartillerie impression

Post by askhati »

No other KA impressions floating around...?

Received my KM tropical breast eagle (gold on tan) last week, as well as a tropical webbing belt from EpicMilitaria. Instead of getting a golden KM belt buckle, I took an unused (silver) Heer buckle and gave it some RAL 8000 - it blends beautifully now, with both the tunic and the webbing. Pics to follow soon.
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Yes, but we portray Northsea coast 1941-1944
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
askhati

Post by askhati »

If you have a thread somewhere with pics, I'd love to see it. My DAK Kustenartillerie rig is almost done, just waiting for the Lufty trousers now.
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
MAA204

Post by MAA204 »

In the following link you can find the pictures we did while having a photoshoot at Domein Raversijde a couple of years ago...
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17757

I have a HBT tunic that I've badged to KM, but it is not 100% accurate. (no squared off corners, no fake franch cuff,...) But i'm not wearing it in those pictures
askhati

Post by askhati »

For DAK/tropical, the Luftwaffe M41 tropical tunic - as seen in my pic above - is almost correct for the KM one. Biggest difference is that while the upper pockets do have the diagonal corners, the bottoms pockets do not (fake French cuffs are present as well). If you have access to a sewing machine, though, it takes about five minutes to fix. *note to self: get girlfriend to fix lower pockets...*
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
askhati

Post by askhati »

Trousers arrived today (Spearhead on ebay), and - surprise, surprise - they do NOT match the colouring on the M41 tunic (Hikishop). Guess I'll be getting a set of Hiki jump trousers after all, if only to blend the Kusten look better; the yellow Spearhead trousers will then probably go for a FJ tropical impression, with a Lufty tropical shirt and one of the neck-slung bandoleers.

Also decided that my Kusten character has managed to liberate some British puttees (or gaiters), to go with his low boots. Very useful items of clothing in tropical terrain, where thorns and things like blackjacks will turn any trouser leg into a hedgehog impersonation.

"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"

Return to “Deutsches Afrikakorps”