AFRA

Associations do great work for us. Organise battles, insurance, film work and more besides. Please check here for their service announcements.
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Re: AFRA

Post by Der Spiess »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:because we (kp1) have just started a section of the 12th but badged to Frundsberg. .
Come on lads think of something new....... :lol:
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Found this in me drawer!
a5 AFRA leaflet.jpg
a5 AFRA leaflet.jpg (181.85 KiB) Viewed 10811 times
Smart innit?

Spotted a spello so I'll have to have a go at our grafix person.

Very soon much more will be forthcoming from the AFRA HQ. Phase II is about to be implemented.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It looks like misunderstandings and untruths are emerging yet again.

Lots of contradictory statements being made about AFRA and it's direction and aims....

AFRA is simply bringing together many people who already enjoy this hobby - NOT JUST RE-ENACTORS. AFRA is not policing anything nor does it intend to (AFRA has a clearly laid out Constitution, Aims and Objectives and a Mission Statement) and as such does not impinge on anyone carrying out their lawful, legal pastime.

AFRA is making inroads towards giving people a voluntary option of carrying ONE instantly recognisable card that is verifiable and from a known and trusted source.

AFRA is the only true Association that admits all - No "over 35" rules, No gender bar, No Axis/Allied bias. AFRA is keen to hear from all persons aged 16 or over who wish to take an active part in our wonderful if somewhat skewed hobby.

And finally - AFRA is itself, active and proving that certain ideas CAN be brought together and CAN work.

The main component in all this is the membership itself. A diverse and representative membership whose support is both appreicated and vital for the continuance of the project. The forthcoming AGM ( in Sept or Oct) will see more development ideas unveiled and those within AFRA will be able to discuss and influence those ideas.

Thank you for your support. If you wish to become involved, go to the website and read what's involved. Then download the membership application form and follow the instructions. :wink:
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

AFRA will i am sure grow better and bigger in the coming months, good luck and may the force be with you young Grink walker.

Dave
8)
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Cheers Dave
I'll just say it seems to be the one most others follow......
Whether by choice or by necessity people seem to be opening up to a wider "target audience" these days......

5 more memberships to process this week - the membership numbers are proving the popularity of what's on offer....... and the format's good too if I do say so meself...

Gearing up for the next round of developments so it's promising to be even more exciting soon - Online members database, UNFORGABLE membership cards (2009) More interaction on the website - Much much more mate....... and of course the best insurance package available to the widest cross section of members. Nuff said. :wink:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I read this morning that Craig Leonards advocates enamelled membership badges - AFRA have had these for the past 12 months. Also this morning he advocates a membership card that can't be forged - AFRA is already progressing that item.

He advocates a body that admits not just re-enactors but "related parties" such as dealers etc. AFRA already count amongst their number photographers, dealers, artists, vehicle restorers and dealers, prop builders, pyrotechnicians and others whoa re allied to our hobby.

Craig has been around a long time - his ideas must be born of much observation and a grasp of what's needed.

He also talks about change - again he's right.

AFRA keeps its message true and straight and has no need to adapt or change or sacrifice any principles to achieve this. Today I see a proud Axis umberella contradict itself and whilst proclaiming it is the "only Axis only umberella"Added by mod the, statement this refers to has been removed and therefore this is no longer relevant, it says groups containing BOTH Axis and Allied are welcome....... It's rules say (It's first rule actually) members MUST be OVER 20 at time of joining yet it is admitting under 16s.
AFRA can admit under 16s but it just can't insure them. We can't offer insurance as a benefit of membership to under 16s. We don't have to alter anything we are doing to suit members. But we slowly see others around us taking on some of our attributes in order to appeal.
The AFRA message is a complex one to some - we want YOU to make it what it hopes to become - that's the only way it can be acheived. We will continue to struggle to get the message across. To do this we don't have to change one word of it. Because what we said at the outset was true and honest. we have no aspirations over groups. We want to hold no sway - We want to provide the means for all of YOU to have a representative body...... And if that means speaking out regularly we will.

Our Mission Statement and Purpose still stand
Mission Statement and Purpose as of September 2007.
Mission Statement
The Mission of the All Fronts Re-enactment Association is to foster relations between ALL 20th Century Living Historians and re-enactors and to bring about a wider understanding of the genre to all who may come into contact with us.
The All Fronts Re-enactment Association wishes to break down traditional barriers and outdated values and replace them with new, workable ones that drive the hobby forwards, allowing more people to engage and share in the experiences to be had.
The All Fronts Re-enactment Association promotes understanding, education and respect amongst all races, religions, social groups and cultures by advocacy, conflict resolution, education and entertainment.
Purpose
To promote 20th Century Living History and to bring together the disparate elements already engaged within.
And we are holding true to it. We believe no other body yet has the above..... No one else has a Mission Statement or a Statement of Purpose.... Why?

Read the Ethos we have. http://afra.org.uk/documents/TheEthosofAFRA.pdf

And see if it makes sense but more importantly - are we living up to it? Do we provide what we say and are we doing it as we said we would?

Sometimes hard words need to be said to move forward...... It seems our opponents think they should have their say and we ought not to reply. AFRA is the ONLY organisation at this time that admits ALL regardless of the usual restraining factors. AFRA is the ONLY organisation at this time providing choice and freedom of movement along with benefits of membership. We don't NEED you to attend "our shows" because we are not about shows. We don't NEED your numbers on a display to big us up - re-enactment IS our display and if we were to ask for AFRA members to hold up their cards, we would be by far the biggest outfit on the field!!!!!! It's growing and people are able to make up their own minds whether or not to join....... Keep those forms coming and we will keep the cause vibrant and the movement forward....
JDR

Post by JDR »

Today I see a proud Axis umberella contradict itself and whilst proclaiming it is the "only Axis only umberella", it says groups containing BOTH Axis and Allied are welcome....... It's rules say (It's first rule actually) members MUST be OVER 20 at time of joining yet it is admitting under 16s.
AFRA keeps its message true and straight and has no need to adapt or change or sacrifice any principles to achieve this
not really true is it didnt AFRA start out as Axis only then change to allow all?

Multi period groups that do both Axis and Allied can join WARS so long as they portray Axis units so whats the problem?

The over 20 rule is for Das Reich only not WARS the age admittance to individual groups is just that its up to the individal groups what age they set this has always been the case as some of WARS groups have had under 20 members for a good while. As the under 16s is a new part of our insurance we are evolving not standing still isnt that a phrase you said we should all use.

As this is a new amendment this weekend to our PLI it will be added to our rules and consitution in the forth coming future
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Gentlemen i was afraid of this, Paul i consider a couple of your comments inflammatory.
Jon i consider your last line inflammatory as well.
Cut it out both of you no problem with either side advertising there groups but do not start a flame war on this section that is not what reenacting or the forum is about if you want to have a go at each other kindly do it by e-mail/PM or phone.

Just as a by the way i am not inviting a lot of comments from either of you on this i am just saying the way it is, if you want to comment to me about this post PM or e-mail me.

I have people in both factions i consider friends but i am not going to stand for an argument developing on this thread.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

JDR, I don't know what is going on here but ...
rules and consitution in the forth coming future
well, publish them on here then! (not I might add in the AFRA thread).

If your website ain't working, publish them here for all to see! that way we can at least compare :)
Crazy Feldgendarme

Gentleman i have edited in both Jon and Pauls posts the items i considered inflammatory, i hope you will both take this in good part because i want to leave the thread and posts going since there is a lot of information that would be lost if i start removeing posts. HOWEVER make no mistake should this start to degenerate again i WILL remove all the controversial posts from both sides, the part reference Paul as a mod i find to be offensive and a personal attack, as it happens as a mod here i WILL try to be impartial and rightly or wrongly i do believe that should be the case with all mods unfortunately this is sometimes seen as sitting on the fence.

So Gentlemaen please keep posts to the point with no personal attacks or inflammatory language from either side so the two groups can be compared fairly.
Bryn it is for this reason i am removing your post please understand it is nothing personal with ANYONE.

Cheers
Dave

:D

GeFoPo
Hoffman Grink

AFRA REACHES 300!

Post by Hoffman Grink »

We are proud to announce that our latest membership which came this morning brings the total paid up membership to 300. All this in just under a year. Nearly one member a day. The idea IS growing and IS working.
Thanks to ALL who put their trust and faith in us. Cards to the latest batch will be out this weekend.
More developments to come at the end of the year.
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Found this in me drawer!
a5 AFRA leaflet.jpg
Smart innit?

Spotted a spello so I'll have to have a go at our grafix person.

Very soon much more will be forthcoming from the AFRA HQ. Phase II is about to be implemented.

Yeah, I especially like the picture of Mick McEllaney and me in the middle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can give me my "Free" AFRA membership at the Victory Show! :wink:
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Everyone needs their five minutes of fame :lol:

I'm surprised Da Gow hasn't spotted himself also......
Crazy Feldgendarme

300 great going cant wait for the new stuff coning in around Xmas.

:D

GeFoPo
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Everyone needs their five minutes of fame :lol:

I'm surprised Da Gow hasn't spotted himself also......
Yeah I spotted Tom as well but I wasn't sure if he was an AFRA member. I wouldn't bother changing it mate unless you think we'll put potential recruits off! :wink:
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk

Return to “Re-enactment associations”