AFRA

Associations do great work for us. Organise battles, insurance, film work and more besides. Please check here for their service announcements.
JD7

Re: AFRA

Post by JD7 »

Can you provide details for the renewal process for non-online types or those with AFRA site logon access issues?
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

Details are as follows, there are no other options than online. If you have online issues them please email me what the problem actually is and I will see if we can sort it.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Final Reminder AFRA Members - AGM to be held 30 Jan 2011 at the Holiday Inn Kenilworth at 3pm.
Entry by production of 2010/2011 membership card.
Agenda was sent out to all members via email - if you didn't receive it then log in to the website and it is in Members News.

See you there and good shopping at Stoneleigh.
gasmask

Post by gasmask »

Is it just me, I cannot access the risk page, can't change my password even though I'm logged in, can't get events

Just keeps thanking me for my renewal. which is all very nice, but I've got an event coming up week after next, Help!
Unteroffizier Erich Weisser

Das Heer

http://www.dasheer.org https://www.facebook.com/dasheer27
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

gasmask wrote:Is it just me, I cannot access the risk page, can't change my password even though I'm logged in, can't get events

Just keeps thanking me for my renewal. which is all very nice, but I've got an event coming up week after next, Help!
You should have access now. And yes it was just you :D
gasmask

Post by gasmask »

grenadier181 wrote:
gasmask wrote:Is it just me, I cannot access the risk page, can't change my password even though I'm logged in, can't get events

You should have access now. And yes it was just you :D
Thanks sorted now, I just knew it only be me!
Unteroffizier Erich Weisser

Das Heer

http://www.dasheer.org https://www.facebook.com/dasheer27
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

The AFRA Living History Short Film Project 2011.
AFRA is proud to announce an initiative for the members to produce their own 5 minute short film.
Open to All AFRA members this exciting project is an opportunity for creative people to show off their skill and talents.
We are asking you to submit a short film of no more than 5 minutes (not including titles) which fits into the following criteria
• Features your unit, portrayal or an interest directly related to what you normally do in Living History
• Is based upon an actual campaign, theatre and/or event.
• Involves your group, friends, colleagues and/or AFRA members.
• Is not professionally produced.
• Is either documentary, dramatised or docudrama.
• Carries proper titles and end credits which must include:
o Your unit
o The Square “A” AFRA Logo (in Green for 2011)
o A Clear Descriptive Title
o An introductory Paragraph
o Copyright free soundtrack/music/incidentals
o Credits for cast and crew
• Contains no imagery, language or other content that could be considered offensive or in breach of copyright.
We are looking for creative, innovative and inspirational content. It can be educational, entertaining, stirring or all three. It can be artistic. It can be whatever your imagination dictates but more than anything we want you to be excited doing it, enthusiastic and pleased with the results. We want pieces of media that convey what our hobby is all about and that send a message to the viewer. AFRA pushes the boundaries and AFRA opens doors. We want your films to help us do that.
Your films will be judged by the AFRA Executive and we will award a cash prize for the winner.
All submitted films (subject to suitability) will be showcased on the website and used to promote your group, yourself and the Association.
Rules
1. The film must be all your own work
2. All material should be yours and not subject to outside copyright
3. The film must contain and promote Living History.
4. The film must be legal and decent
5. Submitted films should not be uploaded to streams or other video/file sharing sites until AFTER judging has taken place.
6. Submitted films are automatically deemed to be in consent of AFRA using them for promotional purposes and to further the hobby of Living History
7. Where copyright material has to be included, proper consent must be obtained and documentary proof of such provided.
8. No film should promote overt and/or extreme political views. Nor shall it glorify or promote extremism, hatred or racist views
9. Submitted films are accepted for judging subject to the discretion of the Judging Panel. Submission does not automatically guarantee entry
10. Films submitted after the closing date will not, in extremely exceptional circumstances be considered for entry. Pleas must be submitted in writing to support late entry
11. Only one entry per group/individual may be submitted
12. There will only be one winner
13. The Judging Panel’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into

The competition is now open and the closing date for entries is 30 September 2011. When you are ready to submit your entry, you need to burn it to a DVD and contact busby@afra.org.uk. The address where you need to post your entries to will be sent to you by return of email. You will need to include your name, group name, contact email and a contact number on a separate piece of paper and your DVD within the envelope.

The competition is now open and the closing date for entries is 30 September 2011. Judging will be complete by 31 October 2011 and the winner will be announced on 1 November 2011.
The cash prize will be paid by cheque to the group or individual in whose name the entry is submitted. No alternatives or transfers are available
Coming Soon..........
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

AFRA is in the final stages of preparation for TankFest 2011 at The Tank Museum Bovington. This looks like being a super weekend for all those taking part - Many AFRA members are being joined by some of the finest and most engaging groups out there. All coming together to make a unique event even more special.

We hope to see lots of you there and already there is talk of The Tank Museum planning other events in conjunction with AFRA.

Also the AFRA insurance renews on 1 June. We have renewed and the new cover comes into effect on Midnight, May 31st. We have been appraised by our insurer that due to the Bank Holiday the cover not may not reach us in time to be placed online immediately but that we should not worry - cover IS in place and there will be no issues in the event of a claim during this period.
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

carentan

Post by carentan »

Hi afra boys

I've had a few new members asking if they're covered for events, they've joined but not heard anything back and know response to their emails. Do you still have outstanding applications to process?

Cheers Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

PM their names to me Darren and I'll check on it. Cheers - Also need to speak with you ref Pip Park
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

All seems to be going well at present with the membership. Membership cards for all that have joined so far this year will be ready for collection at Stoneleigh. If you are not there they will begin to be posted after the event.
We will be walking round with fleeces with AFRA on the back so if you see us and you want your card stop us and ask. Rich and myself will have them with us although other AFRA committee members will be seen around the show. We will then take them to the AGM where they can also be collected from us. See you there!
farby but nice!
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

We will be processing memberships up until friday night (27th Jan), then we will be away from it all until Monday 30th Jan when we will start again!
This is due to the fact that the AFRA executive will be away at Stoneleigh.
If your card is not collected off us at Stoneleigh we will start posting them out in the following weeks

See you at Stoneleigh or at the AGM

Rich and Emma
farby but nice!
hansritter

Post by hansritter »

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to access the website. I get the following message,

Due to a transition period, this website will be offline until further notice

Will the site be back up soon?
Feldgendarmerie Hauptfeldwebel Johann Ritter.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

The site will be back up soon. Any problems, just use one of the contact points provided.

Cheers

Bryn

Return to “Re-enactment associations”