AFRA

Associations do great work for us. Organise battles, insurance, film work and more besides. Please check here for their service announcements.
Hoffman Grink

Re: AFRA

Post by Hoffman Grink »

No - the buggers had it before us!!!! when we looked for the domain we found them!!!!! Strewth!!!!

Thanks for the support Dave! One or two KP1 boys taking advantage of the "wider opportunities" it creates.

Harold! I know mate - Think on though - The only direct benefit you'll get is if you come to Dear Old Blighty to re-enact! It's the European brothers and sisters who are looking to "get covered"....... and we are obliging.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

No Problem Paul i have to say it is purely a selfish thing on my part mate, but i do believe and recognise that the days of independent groups not cooperating with each other are numbered have asked to join next year (no point in paying for this year now).

Bit disappointed with the Market Garden event at Corby mate, SS can play in the battle but not display, because of this i have told them that sadly KP1 will not be attending which is a shame because we have just started a section of the 12th but badged to Frundsberg. However if they want KP1 as SS to battle for realism but climb into a box straight after the event is not for us.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote: Bit disappointed with the Market Garden event at Corby mate, SS can play in the battle but not display, because of this i have told them that sadly KP1 will not be attending which is a shame because we have just started a section of the 12th but badged to Frundsberg. However if they want KP1 as SS to battle for realism but climb into a box straight after the event is not for us.
Please PM me with where you heard this - I'm involved with this show at a high level and I've not heard that......... I do know it's not a free for all but I've definitely not heard what you're telling me.
Crazy Feldgendarme

PM sent mate
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Sorted

see you PM box. :wink:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

For those interested in the answer to the Market Garden event "issue" then see the new thread in Events.
AFRA

Post by AFRA »

Happy 2008
Can Groups affiliating please consider doing the following

Ask your members to send their completed AFRA forms to the unit CO.
Unit CO then sends all AFRA forms with one cheque (or the individual ones clipped together) in one envelope to the AFRA address.

This will help as we can process everyone together and return all AFRA cards to the Unit CO quickly for him/her to distribute to members.

Individuals - just get those forms in.... we will turn them around PDQ and get you up and running.

Thanks again for the support in 2007...... Thanks for the fantastic interest already - Forms coming in - Keep an eye on the website as it will shortly be upgraded (not a cosmetic makeover) in a totally radical way once again.
AFRA - Leading the Options For Change
AFRA

IMPORTANT BULLETIN

Post by AFRA »

HERE IS AN IMPORTANT BULLETIN FOR AFRA MEMBERS AND WEBSITE USERS
Dear Member

The Web Site (not forum) has just undergone a MAJOR upgrade. All users previously registered will need to re-register from scratch.
This is in order that you can make use of the new features. You will be required to have a username (your own or a nickname) Input your real name and address as well as other details. This will then allow us to compile the required lists when you complete a risk assessment etc.
A major new addition is an interactive calendar which allows YOU to input the event you wish to attend. as the uptake of membership is growing so quickly, we might miss some events. So Karl has worked very hard to build a calendar where, as a registered member you can add an event in considerable detail. You can now put in links, directions, maps and graphics..... (best way is cut and paste from the venue's wewbsite) Another innovative feature is the gallery. You can store images either of your group or for use on the calendar etc. You can have your own "avatar"
and much more.

Karl is still building but please register. we are on almost constantly so we can activate your accounts and assign you a role (Member or Group Admin) in order for you to carry out the necessary.

One apology.
You will have to redo any Risk assessments you may have already done for events in 2008 (shouldn't be many which is why we did this in Jan)

There are problems and there will be more stuff added gradually to improve and expand things..... So any major problems please use the contact option on the menu bar to report them.

Thanks again - Please pass this to members of your group - Group Admins please ensure your members get to see this.
Group Admins can also add their members not on the internet - Any questions
- email us.

Finally - for many it is renewal time - Please co-ordinate your renewals if possible - sending them in en bloc will help our system considerably.

Thanks for again choosing AFRA.

We are getting there.
Many Thanks
AFRA
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

would you add our link to your web links

http://www.kgkireland.com

thanks shergar
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You are on there my friend.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

AFRA members can now log in and get a members banner for signatures and an Affililate Banner covering the main protagonist Nationalities.

Take a look at the new updated members page on your website folks!

ImageImageImageImage
AFRA

Post by AFRA »

We are not yet three months into 2008 and we have a phenomenal take up on membership.
Along with many independent re-enactors, photographers and other interested parties we are building up a good number of affiliated groups.
2Kp Pz Gr Grossdeutschland
4JAS
4th Dorsets LHG
Der Fuhrer
Falschirm-Stug 12
Falschirmjaeger Regiment 2
Falschirmjaeger Regiment 6
Frontline Association of Reenactors
FJ39/45
Glamorgan Home Guard
Just Ordinary Men
KampfGruppe Knittel
OBLI
Panzer Fusilier GD
Panzer Lehr
Ramcke Brigade
Sanitäts Abteilung
Soldat44
The Windhund
Totenkopf
WWI Tunnellers
U-Boot Society
Are all confirmed and we are processing more at this time.

This project is truly a leap forwards. We are combining many elements of our hobby and community and creating a database and a commonality never before seen. Soon people will be able to share skills and information under a truly common banner.

Remember, AFRA is not a group of groups, It's not a supergroup, it's not here to dictate to groups .... It's an association of PEOPLE - All working in different areas to make a complete picture...... Consider AFRA today - Not JUST for insurance but for a whole lot more.

We won't list our achievements so far it would seem like boasting. We will let the grapevine carry the message to you and let you see the results throughout 2008. When you do we feel sure you will decide it's a positive step.
AFRA

Post by AFRA »

The season is upon us and AFRA members seem to be everywhere. The next phase of AFRA is set to kick in and shortly a profile raising exercise will begin.

Huge uptake of membership has caused a backlog and this is being cleared as you read.

Applications are still coming in at the rate of 1 per day on average. The idea is taking root. More groups are set to affiliate and more Allied and special interest groups are taking an interest.

Come and chat to us on the AFRA display at shows up and down the UK. We are on our way to being the most representative voice for YOU.... the UK 20th Century Living HIstorian/Re-enactor.... and all inside 12 month!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Our mate "AFRA" also neglected to mention that we are proud to announce a recent affiliation with "Comrades in Arms"..... the UK's premier WWII Airsoft Group who are making massive strides into the crossover... Personally I can see the day when these two hobbies merge in a big way..... making private battles and training events a much more skilful affair MUCH more testing.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Congratulations on this major expansion and may AFRA continue to grow.

8) :D

GeFoPo

Return to “Re-enactment associations”