AFRA

Associations do great work for us. Organise battles, insurance, film work and more besides. Please check here for their service announcements.
Hoffman Grink

Re: AFRA

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Victory Show T-Shirts arrived today - You'll recognise the AFRA SFX Crew - Bright Yellow Polo Shirts with PYROECHNICIAN across the back in Red.....

Crew is
PD
Bryn
Geoff Wood
Karl Walls
Kev Wale (hang on a minnit? Isn't he in N44?)
Gregg Cottee
Danny Madasaboxerfrogs
Carl Bourke

Support
Seb Curtis
Dave Healey
Alex Winward

See you on the Showground folks!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Victory Show T-Shirts arrived today - You'll recognise the AFRA SFX Crew - Bright Yellow Polo Shirts with PYROECHNICIAN across the back in Red.....

Crew is

Dave Healey

See you on the Showground folks!

:shock: :lol:

We're doomed, arf arf! :D
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

There must be some big stuff going on? All that crew!!
Last year was big and there was only really 4 of us AFRA pyro technicians involved.
Just shows what a year in AFRA can bring about.
Last edited by Stigroadie on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The AFRA website has undergone an extensive update.

It is now possible to renew or to join ONLINE. IF you are already a member, take advantage of this facility to log in and submit your 2009 membership. If you have not yet created a website account - do so and it will also create you a linked forum account (no more messing about and forgetting passwords/username combis etc.)
You can upload your ID photograph and edit details or submit new ones - You will receive a unique membership number and become part of our ever growing network across the UK.

This innovatie step is only one of a series of developments designed to make it easier to become part of the re-enactment community and have good, valid PLI insurance amongst other benefits. 2009 will see the Association raise its profile (we purposely kept it low in 2008) and to be part of new and exciting initiatives.
Already AFRA has become established and recognised by the Home Office as well as Customs and Excise who regularly contact us when members import RIFs.
Our interactive website enables members to place all sorts of events on the calendar. It also allows them to complete a risk assessment for events they attend and fulfills our insurer's requirements of notification. There have teething troubles but we have worked hard to keep up with demand and also to correct flaws where they arose.

Our membership of nearly 350 in 12 months have been patient and supportive and this will continue. There will be no increase in membership fees for 2009 and by linking website and forum we hope to stimulate more active interest and participation in matters Living HIstory/Re-enactment.

Finally all we need to say is a huge thank you to our membership old and new for the support they have shown in us. We hope AFRA is taking the direction you wanted. We hope we have proved we do not interfere and are not obtrusive. Our continued aims of establishing a truly iopen Association for ALL remains on target.

Take the pre Christmas Lull as an opportunity to renew your membership for 2009. If you are nto a member but are considering it - Take a look - Register and fill in your online application - BEAT THE RUSH!

2009 WILL SEE A NEW FORMAT MEMBERSHIP CARD WITH INDIVIDUAL NUMBERING AND UNFORGEABLE WATERMARKING.
maddog

Post by maddog »

And a new Logo??
Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

Carpe Diem

Normandy 44 www.n44.co.uk
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Must say i really do like the new site, seems a lot easier to use (even i managed to get in), havent worked out how to pay the subs yet but thats because i am crap on computers i think. :oops: :D
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
maddog

Post by maddog »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:Must say i really do like the new site, seems a lot easier to use (even i managed to get in), havent worked out how to pay the subs yet but thats because i am crap on computers i think. :oops: :D

Dont let that hold you back mate, just send a cheque. :wink: :D
Wullie Mulgrew CSRT

Carpe Diem

Normandy 44 www.n44.co.uk
Crazy Feldgendarme

Yup mate, stick to the old fashioned way i think that way i shoudnt balls it up.
Looking forward to the expansion of AFRA it does all i want and quitre correctPaul it hass proved it does not interfere with the various groups (or independants come to that mate). :D
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

have you not seen the new secret site and a picture of our offices?

http://www.afra.com/
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

PD has his office at the top ?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fritz bayerlein

Post by Fritz bayerlein »

Have to say, Im liking the new look AFRA site alot! Booking in for insurance is now a piece of cake :D
Nice one Karl :wink:
[130] Panzer Lehr reg 902 Unit Leader
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Kind words there and thanks!
We are not perfect, we make mistakes and sometimes they take time to rectify. We do however admit to not being perfect and we do listen and use the information given to improve.

Take time out to read our online documentation. IT explains what we are about, what we stand for and our aims and purpose. If you wish to join or renew - now is the time. 2009 membership is underway.

The latest improvement is a proper, professionally produced ID card to replace the laminated ones you all had in 2007-2008. The new card is plastic, double sided, colour and has forgery protection built in. It is instantly recognisable and fits your wallet or purse easily.

Online application and renewal is now possible on the new look, redesigned website. You can even upload your own ID photo to save time and postage. More innovative developments are in the pipeline.

As said - we ALL have our part to play. Achieve your full potential - Join the AFRA family - We have certainly made a difference in the last two years.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Got Cookies cheque on Friday!!!!! along with loads of others!
So
Stand by for another service announcement. And tell your friends.

The All Fronts Re-enactment Association - AFRA

The ONLY true open access Association for UK 20th Century Living Historians/Re-enactors

Covers persons attending notified events anywhere in the EU*, UK and Republic of Ireland
Able and willing to cover EU resident whilst attending events in the UK.
PLI cover of £5million
Theft cover of kit to, from and whilst attending events (excesses and conditions apply)
Accidental Damage Cover (excesses and conditions apply)
Member to Member cover (excesses and conditions apply)
Personal Accident Liability Insurance
Cover is applicable from age 16 upwards.
Cover of vehicles when not covered by the Road Traffic Act (on a display or in an arena)
Cover for Battle Re-enactment using pyrotechnics, firearms etc.
The best, most professional and instantly recognisable membership card in the UK.
A well maintained dedicated website giving clarity and ease of use
Interactive features to allow members to register events, complete insurance requirements and join/renew
A dedicated forum with private areas available.
Actively recognised by the home office HM Customs and UK police forces
Non intrusive Approach
Guidance and Advice available
Progressive and forward thinking, adaptable and willing to change.
AFRA leads where many others eventually follow.

Compare all that to others!

You can fill in your application or renew online here http://www.afra.org.uk/join.aspx

The fastest growing Association in UK Re-enactment

Remember - it's not about tribal loyalties with AFRA - it's about unity and building a standard, recognisable means of legitimate identification

*UK residents only
Crazy Feldgendarme

Good to see that people have the confidence in AFRA to continue to support the association Paul, also glad you got my cheque and knew who itwas from (forgot to put the note in the envelope).

Cheers
Dave :D

GeFoPo

Return to “Re-enactment associations”