Hikifail trousers

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Hikifail trousers

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Hikishop M35 luft trousers with Sturm luft cap as a reference.

This is my third order with hikishite, and so far they all went wrong. First was a snow smock that turned out to be a bedsheet with a hole in it, second was a HBT uniform and some russian kit that turned out to be shit quality and the wrong pattern, and this time his m35 trousers are some sort of dark navy blue without a hint of grey.

All orders took WAY too long to arrive, and he kept making stupid excuses.

No more hikifail for me!!!!!!
ssparatrooper

Re: Hikifail trousers

Post by ssparatrooper »

3 times!

Spanner lol
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Don't expect to be on the first row for a Dime, or how I would say in Dutch " Niet voor een dubbeltje op de eerste rij willen zitten". :mrgreen:

From all of the HBT uniforms on the site I wouldn't buy one of them as they don't look good. But that's what you get for that amount of money. If you want quality, buy at Panther-Store, they have all of the quality you need.

The Luftwaffe trousers you have are a bit of a darker shade, but I did not knew that all Luftwaffe Uniforms where the same color.

Btw, i've looked through the shop, but they seem to have some decent brown leatherwork, and Ammo Pouches that outbeat sturm. They allso seem to do a very nice webbing Y-strap.. http://hikishop.net/ww2-german-tropic-w ... p-572.html

Cheers
CDB taking it way too serious!
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Some of his leather is utter crap. Dry and poorly finished. Some I'm convinced is artificial....

Some of it came up ok with alot of oil and a bit of muck/crap/use.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

His hardshell holsters are utter crap. But the price looks decent. And looking at the following item the leatherwork looks decent too.. : http://hikishop.net/ww2-german-affe-fur ... p-634.html

Anyway, i'm looking into more aimed opinions about the leatherwork ( straps and such ) he makes. I can see that there are a lot of things I would not buy, but there are some things that could be good for the price!
CDB taking it way too serious!
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

I have a couple of his utility straps and a mess tin straps - they are cheap, and you can tell that. I've seen worse. As I said above, with enough oil, muck, crap, use, they'll look ok. The pictures on his website make them look quite clean, tidy and presentable. In realite the leather is very rough. Wartime straps wouldn't of been a work of art either I guess.
Zoepf

Post by Zoepf »

I have some of his leather goods, and as far as dry and cracked leather that has never been a case for me, and I have several guys who use his Tornister straps, Y-straps and even belts. Now, I will say his gas mask cans are no good. He does sell some crap, no doubt. But he does also have a few quality items that are a great price for what they are.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote: This is my third order with hikishite, and so far they all went wrong. First was a snow smock that turned out to be a bedsheet with a hole in it, second was a HBT uniform and some russian kit that turned out to be shit quality and the wrong pattern, and this time his m35 trousers are some sort of dark navy blue without a hint of grey.

All orders took WAY too long to arrive, and he kept making stupid excuses.

No more hikifail for me!!!!!!
Too bad!!!!!! :(
Personally i give suppliers one chance myself, when trying a new supplier, i try them out with
something small first which doesnt cost a lot then if the item doesnt arrive it doesnt cause a
great big hole in the pocket, when the item does arrive i look at the quality of the item, as for
lateness you can live with that but quality counts and i usually stick to suppliers who serve me
well and with good items, when trying a new store you are taking a chance, the ones who dont
get binned.

Here's a list of suppliers who i use, they always deliver on time and are usually quick, the items
are usually good quality or as pictured and good value for money, Morigi (for metal insignia/awards),
Militaria Net (for Uniforms/headgear, footwear, and certain equipment and cloth insignia) Epic Militaria
(for certain German equipment and American/British Uniforms) and Soldier of Fortune (for American/
British uniforms, some certain German equipment and personal and medical items.) and lastly Barry
Lyndon (for German Camo gear, the stuff he is selling is the same as certain dealers have just started
selling but they charge more for it :roll:), anyway this list is just my opinion and iam going from a history
of nice decent items and trouble free good service !!!!!

Good luck, Peiper :wink:
Sheikh Al Stranghi

erikbozwo2 wrote: The Luftwaffe trousers you have are a bit of a darker shade, but I did not knew that all Luftwaffe Uniforms where the same color.
As you saw today, these trousers are nothing like LW trousers, not an acceptable colour variation at all.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Well, I tried getting a uniform from Aviator2046/memory1945. This time a fliegerbluse and m35 trousers.

The colour is better, the wool a bit thinner. The trousers fit well, even though they are too short in the back (fit like modern jeans instead of proper suspender trousers). The fliegerbluse on the other hand, is at least 4 sizes too small! I told him and he said I must have given him the wrong size.... No I did not!!!

This is getting tiring, I think I"ll stick to western vendors from now on!!!
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Buy cheap, buy twice.....or thrice.

Return to “Luftwaffe, HG, Flak, FD”