Field Division Tunic

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

BKommando

Field Division Tunic

Post by BKommando »

Hello one and all,
Apologies if this has already been discussed. I am hoping to create a Luftwaffe Field Division impression. I am looking for help in relation to where to get the appropriate tunic. I want the Luftwaffe tunic not a heer tunic. If anyone can help, i'd appreciate your help.

All advice welcome, insignia etc... I wish to portray an Officer (Hauptman).

Thank you in avance.
Cornelius
SplinterB

Re: Field Division Tunic

Post by SplinterB »

In the field you want a flieger blouse, with red tabs. :)
SplinterB

Post by SplinterB »

BKommando

Post by BKommando »

Thank you SplinterB,

do you have a supplier you could recommend i get the flieger blouse from? i have seen a few but i'm not sure who has the best quality.
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

BKommando,
Welcome. Yes as mentioned, a Fliegerbluse would be correct. Where are you located? UK, US??? That would help in recommending vendors.
Have you chosen a particular time period or unit to portray or just generic Felddivision?

BTW...SplinterB......Why do you suggest red collar tabs and not green?

Mauser98
BKommando

Post by BKommando »

Mauser98,

thank you for your message. I am based in Ireland, i was thinking of late war period and maybe the 21st LWFD, but nothing is set in stone as they say :-)

Cornelius
Hannibal Brooks

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

I would have gone for green tabs aswell, assuming you are portraying a jager unit. I'm no great expert, but if you are portraying an officer, in theory, the uniform could have the collar tabs from whichever unit he was transferred from, be it flight yellow, flak red or whatever. It's an interesting and complicated area :) . And it gets even more varied after the army take over....
I can't really recommend an officer quality flieger bluse or 4 pocket tunic ( the Sturm ones are ok for other ranks and nco's), but would definitely recommend the Panther Store splinter B field division jacket - splendid kit! Hope this helps.
SplinterB

Post by SplinterB »

It all depends on when you want to portray
BKommando

Post by BKommando »

That's great Hannibal,

i think jager is the way to go for me. where does one get the Sturm and Panther kit? I'm very new to the whole LWFD scene :-) so i am looking for ideas re what to portray also.

SplinterB any ideas re what to portray?

Thanks for your help.
Cornelius
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hi B-Kommando
Here's a list of UK suppliers that do the LW kit/uniforms
who i have dealt with in the past with no problems :
Richard Underwood
Militaria Net
Epic Militaria
Soldier of fortune

These dealers you will find on google, as for the Panther supplier
he was on this forum, i think he is a Czech dealer??, although i have
never dealt with him but you will find a dealer on ebay called
Barry Lyndon who does the Field Division smock (see below)
Barry Lyndon LW FD smock.jpg
Barry Lyndon LW FD smock.jpg (118.62 KiB) Viewed 11730 times
Good luck, regards Peiper
Hannibal Brooks

Epic and Richard Underwood do indeed sell the Sturm fliegerbluse - I've got one badged up for my kriegsberichter impression (with golden brown signals collar tabs from Historical Militaria). Some of the guys on the forum recommend that the sturm bluse needs tailoring as it's supposed to be cut very close to the body. I'm lucky that I haven't needed to have this done.
I can't really recommend the Barry Lyndon/Spearhead Splinter B jacket. Granted, it's a lot cheaper which if your budget is tight can be a consideration. However, the colours of the print do not look like any original that I've seen. It's also printed on herringbone twill cotton, rather than plain weave cotton drill. Nit picking I know, but I think it's worth spending the extra cash on a Panther Store jacket, simply because they look right and are high quality garments. Here's their website: http://www.panther-store.cz/en

On another note, are you joining a group or starting up on your own? I've always thought the FD are great to portray, as they are about as un-elite as you can get! :wink:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hannibal Brooks wrote: I can't really recommend the Barry Lyndon/Spearhead Splinter B jacket. Granted, it's a lot cheaper which if your budget is tight can be a consideration. However, the colours of the print do not look like any original that I've seen. It's also printed on herringbone twill cotton, rather than plain weave cotton drill. Nit picking I know, but I think it's worth spending the extra cash on a Panther Store jacket, simply because they look right and are high quality garments. Here's their website: http://www.panther-store.cz/en
Hi Hannibal
I agree with your comments about buying quality items, the reason i showed Lyndons LW-FD smock is due
to the fact he is only one of a few that do the splinter B pattern LW-FD type, there are other dealers such as SMW
(where i get my SS camo items) or Lomax on ebay, these used to do the FD jacket but can't see any at the moment
but dont know of any other dealers that do LW-FD smocks?

The link you showed for "Panther-store" shows the Para Knockensack, the Luftwaffe Field Divisions
didn't wear these, i also looked on the Panther store website and can't see any LW/FD jackets, it appears
he doesn't do them?, only Para smocks???

Regards Peiper :wink:
Hannibal Brooks

Peiper, I think you'll find that they do make them:
http://www.panther-store.cz/en/catalog/ ... background

http://www.panther-store.cz/en/catalog/ ... background

I have one of the dark background jackets - a great piece of kit.
BKommando

Post by BKommando »

Hi lads,

that's brilliant info. Thank you very much. Now i'm off to do some LWFD shopping :-)
Green tabs so? Yes the LWFD are very interesting and no at all "elite" :-) which appeals to me.

All guidance welcome, thank you again
Cornelius
BKommando

Post by BKommando »

Another question (might be silly),

would a Luftwaffe Tuchrock with Green tabs be a no-no?

Cornelius

Return to “Luftwaffe, HG, Flak, FD”