Messerschmitt BF-109 display

ww2 and reenacting sites of interest.
West-Front

Messerschmitt BF-109 display

Post by West-Front »

Walter Eichhorns Messerschmitt BF-109 display during a popular oldtimer-airshow in Germany (Hahnweide). The BF-109 "G6" is owned by the german "Messerschmitt Stiftung". ------------ Walter Eichhorn fliegt die BF-109 "G6" der "Messerschmitt-Stiftung" auf dem Oldtimer-Treffen der Hahnweide im JAhre 2005
http://www.clipwings.com/index.php?comm ... deo_id=101
Paulkd

Re: Messerschmitt BF-109 display

Post by Paulkd »

Stunning, I had no idea any DB engined ones flew!!
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

it crashed on landing last year in berlin the undercarrage did not come down properly :cry:
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

What a shame , such a rare bird as well hope it's back together soon and flying :wink:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Sean

Post by Sean »

Planes nowadays may be able to go a Zillion MPH and do mach 15 and they can probably make toast if required but can those old warbirds really be beaten?

When your at an airshow all the modern fighters fly over and it looks great, but that faint propeller noise in the distance and you can just make out the shape of the aircraft and all of a sudden that 'vooooooooooshahhhhh' as the Me109 or the Spitfire races overhead. I cant really explain the excitement/feeling but I'm sure you all know what I mean. :mrgreen:
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

We've had a 1:1 scale replica Spitfire erected on a roundabout near to where we live. Stunning thing to look at. Like you say Sean the engine noise on the old birds is fantastic,makes the hairs on your arms stand up. I'm always amazed when you see them how small they are compared to modern day fighters, plus it really was man and machine. None of this locking on and firing missiles. You had to get in close all guns blazing. Truly the stuff of legend.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Return to “Internet and links”