Help !!! re-enactment

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
dbloge

Re: Help !!! re-enactment

Post by dbloge »

i suspect the women just want to keep tabs on their men.......wouldnt it be nice just to have a weekend out with just the boys?.....dont be afraid to say no

dieter
xCumbatcherx

Post by xCumbatcherx »

I agree :D
FRAU

Post by FRAU »

Assuming same person that posted on the pozzi forum earlier in the year ? and didn't get the answer they wanted then ? Beer tent dressing as a man? fine whatever floats your boat, during the day though :?

From a female group that re-enacts female roles, we offer not just the "girlie" options. Our members have (wo)maned an original albeit deactivated bofor at Thetford tank museum doing flak helferinnen, we also did flak at Beltring last year and were honoured enough to sit on their display manning the downed spitfire (pictures can be seen on our website). FRAU are therefore, hoping to work with the tank museum again next year 8) FRAU work hard on our displays and other groups that we have the priveledge of working with. We don't sit pretty and if doing a manual role, we do get mucky and expect all female members to assist in the display as such.

There are options out there for women to do that don't want to dress, well as I guess a typical woman (skirt, dress, SD uniform). If they're serious about re-enactment and taking part in events properly, then they need to think further ahead than the above post. If they want further information and assistance from women that are already re-enacting a number of portrays, please contact FRAU on the signature banner below, if we cannot help we will know women that can. There is information not only on our website but we also have a functional forum.

For doing something like the battle of Berlin, you'd have to think not only about sticking the women in kit, and indeed with some armour, but also how you are going to get that portrayal across from a small display piece for the public to see (no good sticking them in mens kit next to zelts and expecting re-enactors or the public to "believe" they are fighting for Berlin ;) )

As for women in mens kit, who says they don't look as they are? , Genetics is the one thing that guaruntees they look like the women they are (hips, shoulders, waists, bust etc are all different on women to men irrespective). There are very very few (can be counted on one finger) that can get away with it, and successfully at that. However with research there are lots of female roles not even seen as yet in re-enactment that could be done as women re-enacting women.

Anyways offer is there am sure the FRAU ladies would love to offer any assistance they can.
dbloge

Post by dbloge »

good post frau.....good resource, if the women are serious

dieter
mm1977

Post by mm1977 »

Hi All

Here's a different twist on it, what about men who want to dress up as women ? :shock:

mm1977
Last edited by mm1977 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xCumbatcherx

Post by xCumbatcherx »

Hahaha men who dress up as women haha thats definitely for you mm1977 :P :lol:
the 4th reich

Post by the 4th reich »

Cumbatcher takes one to know one lol :mrgreen:
MANNERS COST NOTHING!!!!

xCumbatcherx

Post by xCumbatcherx »

Yea i know :P
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Oy both of you cut it out, i dont care who started it or what its about just cut it or i will give both of you an official warning end of story.
If you want to continue this go to PM,s but DONT do it on here.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Jeppsson |11.SS|

Post by Jeppsson |11.SS| »

I just read this post. The whole lot.

I just wish to state my opinion. In my opinion women shall stick to the role the women had in world war 2.

Meaning being Medic, Red Cross Etc.

I saw a couple of reenactors at War and Peace show, Women reenactors reenacthing men of the 1.SS Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler.

I think this whole deal is just stupid frankly! I wouldnt recommand anyone girl reenacting that!
I always think of reenactment as trying to bring history back, the battles, the versimiatude Etc!

And this would just destroy it, and make reenactment some kind of Dress festival.

I agree with my Kamerad Von Chorlitz!

Do it right, or don't do it. That's what I think.
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

my personal opinion is that you should try to portray a role that suits you, being a super athletic spring chicken I would do 12th SS, however as I am an old (ish) git and overweight I dress up as average drafted in heer infantry, or a chef.

I would say though that anyone can take up reenacting and dress as well or as badly as they like, that is there choice. However I don't think they would be made very welcome
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Please, in WW2 (German) re-enacting.. males in male roles, females in female roles. It works great in our unit and our girls play a very important part. :D

I recently saw a documentary about the Battle of Waterloo. Re-enactors did the fight scenes. You can tell they are re-enactors because as they march about, they always look at each other’s feet, as they have not quite mastered the LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT bit! The ex-military don’t seem to have that problem.
I digress. Some of the French cavalry and even some infantry were quite obviously females (shape, face, demeanour etc).
When I used to do American Civil War re-enacting, in the spirit of PC, our betters decided that females could be in the ranks. Though they did their best to disguise themselves… they were still obviously WOMEN!
My point is that if we can see it, the thousands of others that are watching the documentaries and shows can see it too. The last thing we want them to be asking is “Did they have women fighting in the ranks then….” And forgetting about the rest of us bods, trying to give the right impression.

Ladies, I love ya all, I really do, but NO men impressions please, unless you are a Russkie, then fill your boots! :mrgreen:

As for the females doing the LSSAH… NOOOOOO, NOOOO please No more!!
:wink: :wink:
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

:lol: believe me, none of us are like Chorlitz :shock:
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Thread cleaned up of the crap, dont let it happen again.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo

Return to “Anything WWII!”