WARS

Associations do great work for us. Organise battles, insurance, film work and more besides. Please check here for their service announcements.
JDR

Re: WARS

Post by JDR »

Schäfer wrote:The U-Boat Society voted to become affiliated to WARS for 2009. However, there are a small number of individual members who also hold AFRA membership cards, as is their right to do so.

In my opinion, both organisations serve WW2 re-enactment and re-enactors very ably indeed.
Thanks for the Christmas card and the cheque. Membership cards will be out to you and the guys/gals in the new year.

merry Christmas
Jon
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

JDR wrote:
Schäfer wrote:The U-Boat Society voted to become affiliated to WARS for 2009. However, there are a small number of individual members who also hold AFRA membership cards, as is their right to do so.

In my opinion, both organisations serve WW2 re-enactment and re-enactors very ably indeed.
Thanks for the Christmas card and the cheque. Membership cards will be out to you and the guys/gals in the new year.

merry Christmas
Jon
Hi Jon, many thanks, indeed.
Kev.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

JDR

Post by JDR »

Thanks to all the groups that have renewed with us this year, and welcome to all the new groups that are joining WARS, some older groups and also some brand new groups. Plus thanks to the other groups that have taken an interest in joining WARS.

I would also like to thank Neil ( Reich Crispies) for taking over the running of the Das Reich group from me over the past 18 months. This is mainly down to my job and myself taking Das Reich as far i can. It also gives me time to concentrate in the WARS side of things.

I will still be reenacting as a grenadier in Das Reich (as last year i handed in my rank as i find it only fair) I also may be turning up to an event or two as a standard Heer grenadier or volkssturm as this is an impression i would like to get off the ground.

PS
Another batch of membership cards will be sent out end of this week if you are one of the guys waiting for one.

Cheers
Jon
JDR

Post by JDR »

Recieved this email the other day from our insurers, may be of interest to any WARS members

First Aid Appointed Person Course

The Insurance Partnership Risk Services

Presents

First Aid Appointed Person Course

Monday 30th March 2009

A 3 year certificate, meeting the First Aid at Work Regulations of Appointed Person.

Includes:

Legislation
Accident recording and reporting
Primary and secondary assessments
Recovery position
Cardio- Pulmonary Resuscitation
Symptoms and first aid for unconsciousness, sprains and strains, wounds and bleeding, burns and scalds and fractures
Includes CPR and recovery position practical sessions

At

The Insurance Partnership
Partnership House
Priory Park East
Hull
HU4 7DY

9am Registration
9.30am Start
Lunch included
4pm Finish

£50 + VAT

Spaces are limited
Booking Essential
Please Contact
Stacy on 0845 838 7301
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

I got this too JW as we have the same insurers as WARS. I was about to ask them if they would do a reduction in the insurance premium if there was a named group member who had first aid training, specifically if they had attended one of their sanctioned courses.

Might not be too relevant to the bigger groups like ours but for those smaller 4-5 members guys or those just forming it might help.

Anyone?
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

I've done two couses now one by the belgian red cross and one course at work and Ive aided two persons on the street with deep cuts in their head and the only thing that I can say is: there is a BIG difference between doing a thing inside with a nice big first aid case and improvise in the real world when you have noting more then the first aid kit in your car!

So the only advice i can give is that if a group is going out there and have a display that they have good orginized first aid case with them, so that the trained members can work if it is needed.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
JDR

Post by JDR »

I know within the Das Reich group they have trained medics.

This course maybe helpful for groups that dont have anyone with a medical background within their membership.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Another batch of membership cards sent out today.
Once all the membership are in, this year will be the biggest influx of groups to WARs in our history.

Theres some exciting and interesting times ahead for WARs this coming year so watch this space.

Thanks for the support.

Jon
JDR

Post by JDR »

WARS membership fees for 2010 will be as follows

Adult Single 18+ £10.00

Adult Couple 18+ £20.00 per couple

Children under 18 free

Family membership will be £10.00 per parent, under 18's free children 18 and over £5.00.

For example a family with two parents, two under 18's and one over 18 year old the membership will be £25.00.

So if your group or society/association portrays Axis troops or Both Axis and Allied why not drop me a line via PM here or via email wars_info@yahoo.co.uk

If you are an overseas group looking at coming to the UK we would be happy to hear from you too.

Thanks to the groups that have already sent in payment membership card shall be out shortly looking at a new design for this coming year.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the memberships that have been sent in already so far more than last year some groups are really growing!! This year we have a new design of membership cards 100% better than before. Its that bad im having to order another ink cartridge for the printer tonight for doing all the new membership cards.

Also getting enquirys from non WW2 groups about joining WARS something to ponder over.

So if your group or society/association portrays Axis troops or Both Axis and Allied why not drop me a line via PM here or via email wars_info@yahoo.co.uk

If you are an overseas group looking at coming to the UK we would be happy to hear from you too.
JDR

Post by JDR »

An idea of what you are covered for with WARS insurance

http://www.insurance-partnership.com/in ... ies-groups

Historical re-enactor societies & groups
Do you run a group or society involved in historical re-enactment? If so we can help with an exclusive insurance product.

The Insurance Partnership have designed a bespoke Policy to cater for specific needs and requirements of re-enactor groups throughout all periods of history. Our policy will provide cover for the usual sections such as Public Liability, Employers Liability and Property but will also extend to include: arena and static display cover for vehicles outside of Road Traffic Act. Most other policies specifically exclude participants, our policy includes this.

In respect of the Property sections it includes cover for kit and equipment, at events and in transit to and from and in store at members private houses. If required it can include cover within Europe

Even for the high risk events we can cover the use of pyrotechnic devices pistols, cannons, guns, black powder, horses, archery & "have-a-go archery". However, each poilcy is rated individually on the frequency of these events ensuring you are not charged for cover you do not need.

The policy is underwritten by Hiscox Insurance
Last edited by JDR on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

the link doesn't work...
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
JDR

Post by JDR »

Salacious Crumb wrote:the link doesn't work...

fixed :wink:
JDR

Post by JDR »

If your an overseas group that is looking at attending events in the UK, then we at WARS maybe able to help you. For a payment of just £50 or 50 Euros you group no matter how big or small can join WARS so you can attend events here in the UK and be covered by our excellent insurance.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Just been in contact with our insurance broker.
Im happy to announce that WARS groups are now covered to attend any private battles or training weekends over the winter months ( summer months also) for example Longmore, Dukes, Area 51 etc.

So when you take this and all the other benefits which include member to member cover, personal accident cover, kit theft cover to and from events, vehicle cover when in an arena and behind a roped display. The coverage of under 16's while with a parent or guardian while on displays, pyros and blanks Plus WARS membership cards this years have had a revamp and look more professional, then our membership is a good alternitive and at competitive prices

WARS membership fees for 2010 will be as follows

Adult Single 18+ £10.00

Adult Couple 18+ £20.00 per couple

Children under 18 free

Family membership will be £10.00 per parent, under 18's free children 18 and over £5.00.

For example a family with two parents, two under 18's and one over 18 year old the membership will be £25.00.

Return to “Re-enactment associations”