WW2 Sale

Traders welcome, although please make trading status obvious.

Moderators: Jaws, berlin1945

Parsifal

WW2 Sale

Post by Parsifal »

I've had a horrible experience buying a tunic from this Chinese shop:
http://www.ww2sale.com/
The item was poorly made, no insignia were sewn on as promised and they refused to issue a refund want me to fix it, etc. BEWARE and stay clear of these crooks! Its on me for ordering Chinese garbage...
My apologies if this isn't the right place to post this.

Cheers,

Andrew
holzmann

Re: WW2 Sale

Post by holzmann »

I was looking at some of there stuff on the site too and the pictures do present the uniforms really well, however a quick search highlights all the problems people are having with the gear on there. Hopefully this thread will stop others making costly mistakes and steer people towards the more respected dealers
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

But at the same time...they are quite expensive when it comes to insignia and such...look at the Luftwaffe officer caps....I would even wear one if I got it for free!
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

holzmann wrote:I was looking at some of there stuff on the site too and the pictures do present the uniforms really well, however a quick search highlights all the problems people are having with the gear on there. Hopefully this thread will stop others making costly mistakes and steer people towards the more respected dealers
I hope so too, now that I've been doing some digging I've heard many of their photos aren't even of their own stuff, they stole them from the old ANT-Z site and others. They have a very shiny and attractive webpage with lots of bells and whistles to make you feel good about their stuff like live support, lots of photos, etc. but its all a trap. Plus I noticed their pop-ups on EBay which is way inappropriate.
holzmann

Post by holzmann »

has anyone bought from http://www.militariaonline.com/ ? their ebay site says they are based in Glasgow, attractive prices but unsure of the quality and the origin of manufacture
Herr_Pete

Post by Herr_Pete »

holzmann wrote:has anyone bought from http://www.militariaonline.com/ ? their ebay site says they are based in Glasgow, attractive prices but unsure of the quality and the origin of manufacture
hey bud,

this is the guys ebay site.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Collectable-Gi ... 34.c0.m322

I have bought from him before and he is reliable. A few of our guys have been to see him in Glasgow too.

Pete
Kampfgruppe Schottland Pz Lehr rgt 901
Heydrich65

Post by Heydrich65 »

I have bought from him before and he is reliable. A few of our guys have been to see him in Glasgow too.

Pete[/quote]
a mate of mine just spent £230 OD quid on various uniforms etc in his eBay store with no bother at all ,actually a very good service with next day postage.....i suppose not every one can be so lucky.....
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

Hi

w.ww2sale.com/
I have been gouged by their trash and as for their money back refund they just refused $300 wasted.
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

Parsifal wrote:I've had a horrible experience buying a tunic from this Chinese shop:
http://www.ww2sale.com/
The item was poorly made, no insignia were sewn on as promised and they refused to issue a refund want me to fix it, etc. BEWARE and stay clear of these crooks! Its on me for ordering Chinese garbage...
My apologies if this isn't the right place to post this.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi
I agree with all you say including no refund that they advertise.

Regards Roger
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Herr_Pete wrote:
holzmann wrote:has anyone bought from http://www.militariaonline.com/ ? their ebay site says they are based in Glasgow, attractive prices but unsure of the quality and the origin of manufacture
hey bud,

this is the guys ebay site.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Collectable-Gi ... 34.c0.m322

Pete
I bought a uniform set from them quality was ok buttons where crap, but that's not a major problem. But that set was £65 now I see it's £85 add post cost and they're in the same range as say Anthony at Militaria.net.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

seen adverts for this site all over the place, took one look at it and thought nah, personaly i would recomend Anthony from militaria-net, or either of the big 2 if you have the cash, but like all of them you need to double check your getting the right stuff, nopt tried any of the other smaller ones yet, I also hear that Nelz's store is pretty good, again another reliable trader, cant remember the name of the site off hand.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

This ( although not necessarily in the right are) is exactly the kind of thing this and other reenactment forums should be used for. We are all in the same boat whith regard to purchasing kit and should feel duty bound to share our experiences in order to form a data base. Perhaps it would be good to post comparison pictures in an ATF manner. It might be a help to new comers and veterans alike. The rip off merchants would find it harder to sell thier trash if people could see rhe differences between it and more legitimate traders kit. ????
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

My advice take or leave it is steer clear of these merchants, you may think you are
getting a good deal but in the long run it costs more because most of the time their
goods are shoddy and most of the time you have to replace it anyway and also are
not as good quality as stuff you may find at Militaria Net, Epic Militaria or Richard
Underwoods and yes Soldier of Fortune are getting decent stuff now, ive noticed
they stock the SMW camo gear now which is among the best you can get

Also they are all based in England so if you have to return stuff it is not a problem
(if you live in the UK), i have dealt with all these traders i have listed and recommend
them all, if you have a problem they always sort it out

Regards Pipes
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

peiper1944 wrote:Soldier of Fortune are getting decent stuff now, ive noticed
they stock the SMW camo gear now which is among the best you can get
They have done for many years. They had SMW before the Chinese junk camo they still sell along side it.
One problem with SoF is that you need to know what you need to buy. There is good stuff amongst the junk.
They sell SMW M43 caps, they cost more though. If one M43 is £15 and looks quite like the £30 one which one are most going to go for?
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

I still think it would be cool to have a thread where photographic comparisons are available. New comers would be perhaps less inclined to go for the cheap crap option, if they could see the differences before lining some hack's pockets. As I said before, something akin to At The Front's comparisons. I feel it might be a valuable tool

Return to “For sale”