Grossdeutschland Aufklärung - www.panzeraufgd.co.uk

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Walther

Re: Grossdeutschland Aufklärung - www.panzeraufgd.co.uk

Post by Walther »

To kick the new year off I thought i'd share pictures from Operation Klarer Weg, a private battle that the group organised alongside the Russian 2nd Guards. To put a different spin on things, the battle focused on troop movements from Army Group Centre down to the South to prepare for Kursk in 1943. The Partisan groups were proving to be a serious thorn in the side of the Germans and many units were tied up in Anti-Partisan activity to try and keep the road and rail links open to allow the large troop movements.

To this end, our battle allowed partisans to fight alongside the Guards and both groups certainly gave us the run around over the course of the weekend.

I've finally got my new computer up and running and have had all the pictures that the Propaganda Kompanie took with their film cameras so uploaded the photos to the unit website last night. To see them please go to:

In the meantime, just a few to give an idea of the weekend from our perspective:

http://www.panzeraufgd.co.uk/galleries/ ... index.html

Thanks to all who came along and made this event the success it was. Hope to see you all over the course of the season for a catch up.

Neil.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Halle

Post by Halle »

Some great pictures as always - a few in the gallery there could easily be originals 8)
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Walther

Post by Walther »

Long time friend of the group and filmmaker Dave Sinclair joined us for our yearly training weekend in November last year. Over the course of the weekend and more recently at our private battle in March, Dave took footage of the group in action and also interviewed members with a view to putting together this documentary style film.

I'm pleased to say that Dave has now worked his magic and the film went live on Sunday night, to see some of what life in the Aufklärungs is like, please follow the link to his YouTube page at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJxdZJB ... e=youtu.be

Coming next, the pictures from our weekend at the Mapledurham at War event which we attended over the Easter weekend.

Neil.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef

Halle

Post by Halle »

Brilliant video , very informative , very entertaining - the bits at the end really made me laugh ! :lol:
Walther

Post by Walther »

Thanks Steve, glad you enjoyed it :)

Neil.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef

Walther

Post by Walther »

It’s been a while since I posted anything about the group so i thought i’d update to round the year off. First up are pictures from our recent photoshoot themed around actual events when GD moved into the town of Tomarovka in 1943.

We got lucky with a demolition site that we were able to get into and we once again enlisted the help of Nick Halling to work his photographic magic.

To see the full gallery please look on our website:

http://www.panzeraufgd.co.uk/galleries/ ... index.html

Last year we managed to pick up a Russian Gaz jeep with a view to converting it to a Stoewer Typ40. We’ve now made a start on our off season project for this year and we’re hoping to have the old tub ready to for the start of the 2016 season.

So, other than our training weekend and Christmas party at the weekend, that’s about us for 2015. Thanks to all who have worked with us and shared a laugh and a beer with us this season - we look forward to doing it all over again in 2016!

To see how the Stoewer project is coming along, please visit our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Panzeraufgd/?ref=bookmarks
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef

Halle

Post by Halle »

Excellent pics as always , thanks for posting - top three as good as any I've seen , contenders for 'most realistic' . Love that coat in the first pic !!
Walther

Post by Walther »

I think we’re close enough to get into the spirit of things now, so to everyone we’ve worked with this year, to old friends and new and of course to our followers & supporters on Facebook, compliments of the season and best wishes for 2016 from all the members of the Aufklärungsgruppe.

Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef

Walther

Post by Walther »

Not sure if any Jerries come on here anymore or if these will be of interest, but I thought i'd post a few pics from a photoshoot we held a couple of weekends back.

Taking inspiration from the movements of the original Aufklärung-Abteilung GD in the winter of 1943, the aim of this shoot was to portray a rendezvous point for returning vehicles that had been out on patrol in the Rzhev / Poltava area of the eastern front.

We decided to have no riflemen present and keep it strictly to vehicle uniforms, accesorised with the warm winter clothing that can be seen in many period photographs.

We certainly suffered for our art as temperatures dipped to -3 overnight, but this all added to the effect and conditions at dawn on Sunday were perfect for us.

The full gallery can be seen on either our website at http://www.panzeraufgd.co.uk/galleries/ ... index.html

or our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 20e4f5ddc6
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef

Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

great pictures
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Halle

Post by Halle »

There are still a few of us who get on here... :wink:

Good to see you boys in fine fettle, as active and as realistic as ever....fifth picture down, chap on the right; could have been lifted from '43.

thanks for posting, and keep 'em coming, please !

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”