Show us you!

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

9.SS-PzDiv

Re: Show us you!

Post by 9.SS-PzDiv »

Constructive criticism: Get yourself some books and/or research in the internet. The photo you showed shows an SS-Untersturmführer, which means he's an officer. Take a look at his shoulder boards, they're not black. Look at photos and try to figure out what gear, uniforms and equipment officers wear if you want to stick to an officer impression.

Most importantly, join a reenactment unit if you're seriously interested in this hobby and want to invest time and money.

To start, here's a list of shops i'd recommend:

http://smwholesaleusa.com
http://atthefrontshop.com
http://panther-store.cz
http://gavinmilitaria.com
http://1944militaria.com
askhati

Post by askhati »

Also, a quick bit of advice on Dot44: the regulations stated that you only wore the arm eagle on it, nothing else (no collar tabs, no shoulder boards, etc - bling on camo defeats the purposes of camo, obviously). The green sleeve-mounted rank bars were worn, apparently, but very rarely.

However, as your photo shows, there were exceptions - but usually not at an Enlisted level. Enlisted troops had to answer to sergeants and officers who *did* follow the regs; officers, on the other hands, had far more leeway with their "abuse" of regulations. In that regard, if you are starting out with an impression of a regular Enlisted private (SS-Schutze), rather stick to the regulations as far as possible. It is generally a more affordable impression to do - and it also saves you flak from other reenactors who might not have much patience with young folks "doing things wrong" ;) (not everyone has the good graces to offer help in a civilized manner, you'll find that soon enough)
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
12 SS Panzer Div.

Post by 12 SS Panzer Div. »

Thank you askhati and 9.SS-PzDiv for the advice. I will look into those sites and follow more towards the regulations. I appriciate it very much. :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
9.SS-PzDiv

Post by 9.SS-PzDiv »

Also an advice I wish I followed when I started: Buy high quality clothes from the beginning. They might be expensive, but they are definitely worth it. You will end up buying those anyway once you're more into the hobby and this can save you a lot of money.
For example your dot tunic, replace it with a set from SM Wholesale.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

latest pic I have of me, need to loose weight I know and have to sew my cap eagle on.
Attachments
20677162503_a28bbf029c_k 1.jpg
20677162503_a28bbf029c_k 1.jpg (15.97 KiB) Viewed 16623 times
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

A little tip: your collar Litzen are those of civilian police. Army units mostly used generic collar tabs - Einheitskragenspiegel (green or grey depending on 1938-40 or post 1940). Some old salts paid the extra to have the pre-1938 unit specific collar tabs sewn on by a unit tailor, however this is the exception rather than the rule.
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

As far as I can see in pics, they had orange, these were the only orange ones I could source for field police. They were also given to me and sewn on my the 2ic in my old unit, who is by far, the most picky person about authenticity I have met, he never once commented.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

those collar tabs appear to be the ones used by the rural gendarmerie i use them on my rural police tunic, it is however possible they were worn by old sweats since most field police were recruited from the rural gendarmerie or the ordnunspolitzei
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

My character background is of a police officer who was recruited into the field gendarmerie, this may be why my old 2ic ok'd them then.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

sounds ok to me, so long as you doing old sweat and fairly early war, however early war the tunic may have been police green which is a totaly differnt colour and have brown cuffs and collar
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

Would these be right then https://goo.gl/images/wu3VU1?
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “Photos”