Dirndls have arrived!!

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

I went on the cotton sock wild goose chase last year. Those without elastic in the top are surprisingly difficult to find, especially now that there's the big trend with the ankle socks going on that don't show over the top of your sneakers. I did get two pairs at Wal Mart, eventually, but it wasn't easy to find them.

You'd think stores would still do "basics" like cotton bras and cotton socks without having to have lycra or polyester in everything.
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

BDMhistorian wrote:I went on the cotton sock wild goose chase last year. Those without elastic in the top are surprisingly difficult to find, especially now that there's the big trend with the ankle socks going on that don't show over the top of your sneakers. I did get two pairs at Wal Mart, eventually, but it wasn't easy to find them.

You'd think stores would still do "basics" like cotton bras and cotton socks without having to have lycra or polyester in everything.

:lol: you would think!! I'm wondering now if the ones I got a few years ago were in the childrens section... I have pretty small feet so they might have been. I can't remember. I do love Vermont Country Store though... for most items they are very reasonable, unless you're trying to get the older food brands and such.

ahhhh... good ole cotton!! Can't beat the stuff!!!
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Wilder Feger wrote:
Fwbl Dollman wrote:I hope you mean INcorrigible!!!!

(or do I?????)

Nope - I'm definitely ENcouragable :twisted:

So this year's Detling - Am I the official Dirndl Dolly Dalbyman?

Self appointed I see...

And I personally think you're both incorrigible and encouragable!!

Jo, thanks for the extra "encouragement" and I am looking forward to meeting you on the Saturday!! I'll be at the event from Thursday through Monday.

Kel
No missy
I was ASKING if I AM..... :cry:

Maybe I'm not.

I don't have much else of a function there unless you class refereeing the footy match!

Cotton - Cotton pants, Cotton Hankies Cotton socks - Bless 'em!
Johanna von Mauer

Post by Johanna von Mauer »

Paul

you can be my official dirndl dolly, get a dirndl and we can do something like a carry on film, Karry On Kampfing. :shock:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

No - you lot are the Dirndl Dollies..... I'm just the Duke of Dirndl I shall ponce about and comport myself with lovely Dirndl clad ladies for photographic opportunities and the like......

We shall make a merry spectacle of ourselves -whilst spreading the joys of German Kultur thoughout the thronging tides of the great Unwashed.....

Or at least we' can pose about dressed as 40s Jerries whilst getting slowly pissed!
Johanna von Mauer

Post by Johanna von Mauer »

Fwbl Dollman wrote: Or at least we' can pose about dressed as 40s Jerries whilst getting slowly pissed!
Now Paul, I do like the sound of that :) Us fraulines will supply the dress and you can supply the booze :lol:
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Johanna von Mauer wrote:
Fwbl Dollman wrote: Or at least we' can pose about dressed as 40s Jerries whilst getting slowly pissed!
Now Paul, I do like the sound of that :) Us fraulines will supply the dress and you can supply the booze :lol:
Oh, I like that sound of that as well!!
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I'm thinking I'm going to be the most hated man at Detling!!!!
(I usually am but this time for a DIFFERENT reason :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I intend to bring an extensive range of wines and spirits..... and munchies.....
Some nice uniforms, Some kit for Bill and that's about it this trip!!!!!!

Oh and a camera! can't forget a camera!!! :twisted:
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

PDiddy.... or Detlings answere to ....50Cent ....... 50ReichMarks

Just need to pimp that 251 and away you go....

Bling that uniform a girl on each arm a pistol in your pocket PDiddy will rock... :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

We are fitting the blue underlighting and jacking up the suspension this winter.
The sound system will be available after Placebo's European tour - Stig is getting us it at staff discount...

The chromed exhausts are on order and the spoiler is being custom made so as not to interfere with the rear MG mount.

But apart from that the Porche Boxer Engine is in the Kubel as we speak and I'M going this weekend to Santa Pod to clock it .

I'll let you know how we go on!

Cheers
PD

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”