Imformation Pack or booklet?

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

Johann

Imformation Pack or booklet?

Post by Johann »

I've often been asked about information reguarding German Female uniforms, and all i ever have with me is my very full folder full of picture and info etc, nothing i can give out! So I was just wondering if anyone was interested in combining all the info we have and making some kind of booklet, info c.d or information pack, that we could give out to potential future FEMALE members!!! :?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You could scan it all in - I have an area where you can host it and I guess Alex could maybe do the same....... I could make it into PDFs etc. and then arrange it so tht people can access the area, download the file/s and bang them onto a CD......

PM me if you fancy going down this route. and Thanks... Nice offer!
gremlina

Post by gremlina »

Perhaps you could scan the info and such to a web page and then hand out cards with the web address on them. I think that would be very helpful to perspective female members.
helga

yes please

Post by helga »

thant sounds like a great idea, would really be helpful to me as i always have trouble finding pictures and info
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

What I would do is make an "outline" of all the subjects and information you would want to cover in a booklet. See how you would split up the chapters and which images to use to best illustrate your point.

Then take all the period sources and do a write-up for each of your chapters to include the pertinent information you want to pass on to new members, and illustrate it with the photos. It's probably easiest to put it all together using MS Word since you have full control over the page layout and fonts and can make it look nice. You can even add text boxes to highlight especially important information like they do in school text books.

After putting it all together you can publish it through a place like http://www.lulu.com. That way you can order a number of copies at production cost (for most smaller booklets you're looking at about $5 for the finished printed and bound book with a full color cover) to give out to females in your group or unit, and you can also offer them for people to order directly in print or e-book form through Lulu by linking to your Lulu site.

I've put out a number of items on Lulu and have been very happy with their price and printing, and I think it would be perfect for such a project. I most recently put out a translation of the 1940 BDM manual "Jungmaedel Service" and the quality is really nice. http://www.lulu.com/content/271126 is a link to it. Lulu is also free to use, so you don't have any out-of-pocket costs until you actually order stuff.
Johann

Post by Johann »

Thanx BDMhistorian, i will look into that!!!

Now, as for this webpage on Female uniforms, Fwbl Dollman are you still interested in helping out? I have quiet alot of spare time on my hands now, so i can start work on compiling some info and pictures!!! (1 year later!!! D'oh!!! :shock: )
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

PM sent
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

Make sure to send me a link to the website once you've created it - I know a lot of people who'd be interested in it, and I'd be happy to pass it on / link from my BDM site.

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”