steel tempest

BJ

steel tempest

Post by BJ »

Hi all, Wanted a copy of steel tempest on dvd........
85th Gebirgsjager
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

No you don't - believe me..... you don't! :lol:

Best thing in it? SBG!

Worst thing in it? The rest of it!!!!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:No you don't - believe me..... you don't! :lol:

Best thing in it? SBG!

Worst thing in it? The rest of it!!!!
Totally agree with PD.
I bought a copy some years ago based on the fact it had SBG in it and boy was I dissapointed.
I read somewhere that it wasn't originally planned as a film but just to gain some footage to be used in a documentary.
Haven't watched it since but the acting, for the most part is average, the sound appeared to have been dubbed-badly, location for the built up area was a British army training camp somewhere -anyone?
Germans - fully kitted out with correct uniforms and gear as you would expect from SBG,
Americans - mish-mash of uniforms, some complete others in shirt sleeves, some fully kitted others just wearing belts.
Also one of the German officers (actor) tarnjacke is so big his shoulder boards are almost on his elbows :lol:
Not really worth the effort tracking down a copy to be honest.
BJ

steel tempest

Post by BJ »

Thanks for the advice will stay clear of it then
85th Gebirgsjager
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Steel Tempest was filmed at Longmoor, over 2 or 3 events.
If they had had a wardrobe person who knew what German kit was then it would have looked a lot better. I can remember redressing one of the officers. He had such a mismatch of decorations and kit it would be a crime to let him appear on camera like that.

Gurowski
Ilsa Klein

Post by Ilsa Klein »

Tommy wrote:Totally agree with PD.
I bought a copy some years ago based on the fact it had SBG in it and boy was I dissapointed.
I read somewhere that it wasn't originally planned as a film but just to gain some footage to be used in a documentary.
Haven't watched it since but the acting, for the most part is average, the sound appeared to have been dubbed-badly, location for the built up area was a British army training camp somewhere -anyone?
Germans - fully kitted out with correct uniforms and gear as you would expect from SBG,
Americans - mish-mash of uniforms, some complete others in shirt sleeves, some fully kitted others just wearing belts.
Also one of the German officers (actor) tarnjacke is so big his shoulder boards are almost on his elbows :lol:
Not really worth the effort tracking down a copy to be honest.
I agree with Tommy, for the most part SBG are better actors than the actual actors! The shoulder boards are quite amusing though :)
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

motion passed, all in agreement, 'rubbish' then! Not that I have time to find out, far too busy to watch films me.
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

:roll:
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt

Return to “Wanted”