How Much
Rules
Scenarios
Info
Come on - tell us!!!!!
Can vehicles come?
Yith

Post by Yith »

See our forums... We run some events and are persuading (relatively successfully) for airsoft sites to also run them.

There aren't so many complete weekend events as yet... Usually its just single day ones.

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/index.php

Upcoming is:

Projeckt Wotan - underground bunker assault Portsmouth. October 7th. There may be a single place left

D-Day on a beach in Wales first weekend in Nov... loads of space available

Hurtgen Forest Dec 16th Near Matlock, loads of space available

Also there are regular events at a site in Scotland...

After that there's rumours of several other events in the pipeline.

Vehicles are welcome, but talk to the event organisers it depends on the site insurance.

Remember that bbs could possibly mark paintwork! Though vehicles are not generally shot at, accidents do happen.
Old 'Un

Post by Old 'Un »

For a specific calender have a look at my sig .

Next big one of note is an Omaha beach landing actually on a beach ! (albeit in November)

WWII airsoft games usually take place on a day or 24 hour basis. Game fees are normally £30 -60 which covers all the PLI insurance, site hire props and pyros . Player numbers are normally 40- 60 for our games and players are expected to provide their own uniforms and period or close lookalike Airsoft guns.

We would love to see some real or replica vehicles , hiring as such is normally beyond our budget :cry: . Light soft skin stuff is easily accomadated , not sure if you turned up with a T55/Tiger :roll:

Scenarios played this year have been

Battle of the Bulge in dense pine/ steeply wooded site in Derbyshire
Arnhem - at an urban site
Battle for Caen- in Cornwall mixed woodland and urban
Churchills Revenge- a 24 hour airborne vs Axis fictional raid carried out on a 700 acre site in North Wales, featured a 2/3rds replica V1 and ramp which we blew up !
And now Project Wotan , set 100 feet underground in old WWII bunkers.

Scenarioswise we try to capture some elements of the battle , using period signage and props rather than acuratle reenact it . The idea is the get the right atmosphere and suspension of belief to allow players to feel they are fighting in period at the battle. We try ot get a specific feel for specific historical battles where possible eg -at the BotB game we had people queing to get their photo taken beside the replica of the famous signpost as seen in all the books .

This "feel"element for us is a very important aspect of the games we have put on.

Rules wise, we have been quite open on uniform and weapons to encourage more players into the sport, although in all our games 95% of players turning up have come in repro gear to a high standard. Peer pressure seems to help in improving things. Most airsofter don't reenact so buy the time youve kitted youself out in feldgrau with webbing and gun , it's the thick end of £500, a lot to fork out for one or two games a year compared to buying some cheap DPMs . That said , people are doing it , keen to become part of the games .

Operationally we enforce a radio ban on most players and limit their ammo to encourage more period tactical play .
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

Old 'Un wrote:not sure if you turned up with a T55/Tiger :roll:
It's ok, she's does airsoft now as well. She's got a gas powered main gun.
Pay for the shipping, and she's available. 8)
stubblehopper

Post by stubblehopper »

Just merely out of interest Dietmar, how much would shipping her to North Wales set us back here's the area

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en ... &z=14&om=1

Apart from that we're expecting a lot of people to turn up to this one, if any reenactment groups wanted to come to this you'd be more than welcome. Couldn't promise 100% authenticity on the uniforms, not yet, as there are a large numbers of LARPS coming to this event
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You're talking £800 to £1000 to get here there and back...... That's coming from someone experienced in moving these babies..... :shock:

Be nice to get something organised as a bit of a crossover event..... we know you lads (and lasses) don't do the full on stitch nazi bit..... But I've got an idea forming........

Back in the dark distant pre internet days of yore - There was a sport/hobby called Paintball..... and we formed Teams..... Why not get WWII airsofters to form TEAMS..... and wear a uniform like we did back then in papintball?

Yeah yeah - I know we already wear uniforms but it gets silly with too many Steiners and geezers wearing mondo bling, 40 Tank Destruction Strips etc. Why don't we just wear bare minimum (after all airsoft is a LOT closer to real combat than burning blank......)

We could have
Team Dot44
Team Sumpf
Team Splitter"A"
Team Eichenlaub....
Team Feldgrau
and so on.....
Sod the insiginia and posey rank..... Just turn up in basic functional kit..... and FIGHT!!!!!
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

I'm afraid PD is right. I was being a bit tongue in cheek with my comment. Mind you, if you were ever after a big prop for a promo event, do have a word with Mick, her owner. If you can cough up for the transport, he's always up for a play.

Edited to add:-
I've just looked at your link. I'd be very careful if I was you! You've just accussed the Southern Welsh of being gogs!
Mind you, I'd love to see that thing rolling through Bridgend. I've got some relatives down that neck of the woods and they're all absolutely hatstand. It would be a hoot!
Old 'Un

Post by Old 'Un »

I guess it worth mentioning now that airsoft doesn't really operate in teams in the same way a reenactors join groups. There are teams (I've played in a tight knit one or years and it is a lot better in terms of effectiveness), but the majority play as a loose coalition of mates/aquaintences.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:(after all airsoft is a LOT closer to real combat than burning blank......)
You will take those words back after you have been ripped apart by an Mp40 fireing 300 rounds at you at 1800 rounds pr. minute ;)
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

2600 RPM if i built it ;)

Nah, seriously, whilst modern Airsoft is a true Arms race, with everyone trying to outrange everyone else, and increase the rate of fire to truly *silly* proportions, WW2 airsoft is more a case of the guns being there to do a job, not just to look nice and scare the opposition.

Then again, i tuned the '42 to a real-world level of 1200 RPM lol
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

No aeg runs at 43+ rps, at least not for more than max. 10 rounds.

And the shoei mg42 can't run at 1200 rpm either. The ultima aeg can, but its as boring as it can be ;)
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Reeeeeeeeeeeealy?

I'll PM you the tech specs of how to achieve 45 RPS - don't want to bore the lads and lasses on here with it lol

Oh, and mine is the Ultima, but yes it IS possible to tune the Shoei to 1200 RPM as well. All you do is shorten the travel of the bolt.

Whoa, thats enough of the tech-speak :roll:
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
dink

Post by dink »

gawd you've started him off now :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Woah WOah WOAH! Techy boys!
IF we can't do stitch nazi on uniforms - You mech heads can't go all technoboffin daft on us on hre - Take it somewhere else - geekboys! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

geekboy! I'm insulted! Now, if it had been nerdboy, well, thats a different matter :D :lol:

Return to “WWII Airsoft”