Kriegsmarine top

U-boot, German Navy, Italian navy.

Moderator: pzrwest

dink

Kriegsmarine top

Post by dink »

Am sure it has a proper name... however I'm not making a proper one :oops: Ok I need information, if anyone is willing to help :oops: of the back of the blue cotton sailors top. I got bored today, and as you do and have made a small person a sailors outfit, based on a picture of a boy wearing a mini sailors costume in 1943 (German) :oops: I've got as far as the top and trousers but am unsure of how the back erm collar part sits (how square, how far across, stuff I just can't guesstimate). If anyone has a picture of the reverse or indeed has the uniform and is willing to email me a picture of the back collar, it would be really appreciated.

Note this isn't and won't have any insignia on it, nor will it have a hat. I was merely bored and had some blue fabric spare and thought I'd try and recreate an outfit for him (as said based on a photograph I have). Should I ever have him with me at an event, he may wear it, he may not. I merely wanted to see how feasable it was to make something from a scrap of fabric that would be no use to me (can you see me pre-empting comments here as I know theres a possiblility someone will have a pop over this :( )

Thanks in advance if someone can help

Di 8)
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Give Harold a PM as thats his line of reenacting
ImageImageImageImageImage
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Ok on the blue wool midi with th blue over collar or "dickie" as iot's called it hangs down the back from the fold at the neck to the bottom of the collar 7 1/4" on the white midi with the permanet sewn on collar it's 6 1/2". You can pick up east german midis both the white and the blue in very small sizes very cheap
If you are doing german navy which I assume you are, the german navy tucked the midi into the top of the trousers where the british didn't. The german navy trousers never had belt loops for a belt they had a v notch in the back with a cotton lace to tighten up the waist. The trousers also had a flap front and no zipper fly
dink

Post by dink »

Thanks Harold 8) He's only four so I don't think buying anything is an option and its more to get the 'feel' of rather than actually being one. And your points are great and you're tips are great 8) really gives me something to work with, much appreciated :D

Return to “Kriegsmarine”