film extras and props required for Hitler Documentry

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Re: film extras and props required for Hitler Documentry

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Maybe I can be of limited assistance?
Actors/Uniforms

Col. Von Stauffenberg: Tall, black hair, slim,handsome, 40’s, aristocratic bearing

Adolf Hitler Medium height, dark hair, mustache

Keitel Generalfeldmarshall (Field Marshall), late 50’s

Leutnant Werner v.Haeften Tall, youngish, high forehead, 30s

Major John von Freyend Tall, 30’s, military bearing

Gen. Friedrich Olbricht Medium height, bookish, nearly bald

Gen. Fromm Heavy set, late 50s, bald

Gertraud Junge Late 20s, tall, beautiful, brunette

Major Remer Average height, late 30’s, dark hair

Three (3) General Officers Early to late 50s

Two (2) Oberstleutnant Officers Mid-40s

One (1) Major Officer Late 30s – early 40s

Two (2) Leutnant Officers Late 30s

Two Hauptmann (captain) Guards Late 30’s – early 40’s

Four SS soldiers Late 20s – early 30s

Two female secretaries Late 20s – early 30s

Props:
One German staff car
One army truck
Bunker and various wooden barracks
Barbed wire perimeter
Fencing
Camouflage netting over the bunker
Table with five chairs; linen and breakfast setting for five.
• Portrait of Hitler

Stauffenberg’s “bomb”
• two leather briefcases
• two packages with plastic “explosive”
• two fuses
• one set of pliers

• Army truck
• One staff car
• pile of sand bags, to be used as execution area

Armament
• 3 submachine guns (Schmeisser or the like)
• 6 side arms (senior officers)
• 6 army rifles (functioning)
• uniforms, helmets, etc. as per list of ranks
So a certain amount of lookey likeyness will be required.....
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You can read the Executive Summary here

Valkyrie

Looks like an exciting project......
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Cheers paul, thanks for that.
Yeah alot of the roles are specifics but we also need plenty of peeps for general extras.

Expenses will be paid and we are in the process of arranaging the more difficult uniforms.

Vehicles are complete but we still need an opal blitz.........hints to SBG :D :D

but its comiing together nicely.

Dink if you want to come just come anyway im sure we can use u in some way. Will be good fun im sure!

But the more the merrier, any help anyone can give will be much apprciated

H x
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

so despite all that they can only afford to pay 'expenses'

this is sucha tired and endless topic I will shut up now
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
KDF

Post by KDF »

Just so you know about what extra`s get paid per day., without ANY kit, it`s all supplied by the film folk.

£85-£125 a day. Plus meals, plus Hotels etc if needed. Some also pay expenses on TOP of this.

Vehicles.

Kubel wagen sized per day £250-£300. PLUS transport costs, and paid extra/driver. This person is responsible for driving/mainating or teaching someone to drive said vehicle.

Lorry type £400-500 aday. Same transport etc paid.

Now let me think if re-enactors are being used again for naff all. Cheeky bleeders, paying you nothing when theirs a budget.

When will folks learn.
Founder member of AFRA.
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Hi thanks for all the support guys means alot,

I got asked to help and assumed people would enjoy the challenge and the opportunity. If not, thats fine some people do, some dont. The production team thought they could use people who A - knew alot about it B- give us an opportunity to be involved with something we would watch. Its not about getting free actors.

Big events print money also but we go and get stinky in a field for F all so thought some people might fancy doing this.

End of thread please......its getting off topic

H x
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Lucia wrote: End of thread please......its getting off topic

H x
Do you want the thread locking? Or putting back on topic? Can do one easily, can ask for the other...... please advise.
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Why is asking about getting paid off topic?

If we get injured whilst doing this we have no recourse to compensation via insurance as the work is voluntary, if it was done for pay then we would effectively be employees and therefore covered by employers liability insurance. Make it a bit more relvant now?
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Hi, what I mean about it going off topic is im trying to get people to assist with the filming on the producers behalf.............not argue about wages. People dont go on threads and moan about events not paying enough transport because its not productive. This thread is so I can stay in touch with those intrested.

Why not start another thread in another section about people being ripped off............and let me finish this one.

Cheers for the support there PD if you feel its getting out of hand please feel free to use your own discretion on whether to lock it.

Same to you Dad......Cheers

PS thanks to everyone who has been in touch and is helping so far......really grateful

I will be speaking to the producers today about the details

H x
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Lou,

I'm not trying to argue or picka fight, just asking a question

Matt
Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

I'm helping Lou with the casting on this drama, and the Producer has personally put us in charge of finding the cast and also all the equipment which is to be needed.

It's been bloody hard work for me and Lou, we are working our b**** off to try and do this as professionally and to the best of our abilities, in the time frame that we have been given. The Producer is flying into London today and we will be in touch with him. We can understand the comments on not being paid, insurance etc, but this company is professional, not some flyby night jobs, so Lou and I will be asking the Producer all these questions when we speak to him. We are both in this drama, and so are a lot of people we know and wouldn't dream of getting them injured or crapped on! Just please give us both the chance to sort this all out when we talk to the Big Man.

Thank you for your time comrades, and a massive thank you from myself and Lou, on the reenactors who have signed up for the drama, and also on all the help we have received!

Michelle
Ich bin nichts, Deutschland ist alles!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Won't lock it - will just try to keep it simple and to the task in hand. Folks are better PMing you as I can't see the "public conduct of business" being productive.... Far better to register interest direct. Michelle you liar!!! you ain't go no Bowlocks!!!! you're a LADY!!!!! :lol:

One thing though - Why isn't Mick on here finding the bods????? does he need an intermediary?

Purposely kept out of the wages v freegratis argument. Had a long conversation with Mick last week. Was going to assist but now he has ample help have emailed him and withdrawn citing too many cooks.... We will only contact the same people and if it's being done, why have me ringing them and confusing things?

Bear in mind people - from much experience - I can tell you - You will (and this is NOT to put people off - just to ensure that your eyes are open going into the experience that could result in your 15 seconds of screentime)Spend endless standing about - Cameramen and Sound are the gods...... Proddy and Proddy assistants come next, then pros and wardrobe, then makeup, then the teaboy and then..... and only then do the extras figure in the equation......
When the tray of sarnies comes, extras are told to go do something while the above pecking order sorts the Fried Brie, guineafowl and watercress from the Cheese and Tom.... All the choccy biccies are snaffled and the best flavoured pop robbed......

30 extras are then left to battle for 11 packs of trangular service station Cheeze and Pickle and a couple of shortcakes....... with luke warm tea.....

You spend 2.5 hours up to your neck in freezing water wearing a wool uniform and all your leather equipment, they film it 5 times and then it's left on the CRF (cutting Room fl......)

Your lovely Gucci MP40 is "loaned" to a speaking part actor who crashes down on it and smashes the bakelite.... it's crudely repaired with Rhino tape and you're told to put in an invoice for it....... which is not paid by reason of "no budget left" - Yet that night the crew have a free bar in their 3 star just up the road from your travelodge.........

On a more serious note I'd recommend people who want to see what doing a docu entails to get forwards..... What you really, really need is a good, experience wrangler who stands between you and crew and negotiates AND GETS he best deal for you as well as looks after you on the day. GDRecon will attest to what an experienced "buffer" adds to the gig from when they did Stalingrad. They still class that as a highlight... and the results of having someone like 116/GD doing it showed.

Good luck sorting it. be interesting to watch it and spot the faces.....

My advice? Get it sorted IN WRITING prior to giving all the info away - £80 a head a day (refer them to the cost of uniform hire alone! and they are still saving £40 a head) petrol money to and from the gig, Hotel, nosh, reasonable bar tarrif (2 pints a night) for the re-enactors...... vehicles as stated, Wranglers (Yoo & Loo) £100 a day and you sort all the dramas out..... Paid in a brown envelope signed for at end of filming along with the release form - No may, NO release...... simple - not invoiced...... obviously.... responsible for your own tax.

Otherwise the budget allocated will have a substantial amount left which WILL go into back pockets and pay for an end of shoot piss up..... trust me on that.
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Thanks for the advice, comments took on board.

But yeah can people PM me.......that would be great

Cheers

H x
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

I think they should pay me NOT to be in their film.
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

Alex wrote:I think they should pay me NOT to be in their film.
come on alex there must be a sleeping part, a corpse or a patient laying down somewhere in it. :lol:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl

Return to “UK reenactment and events”