Tank Destroyer Award

Moderator: pzrwest

Oberleutnant

Tank Destroyer Award

Post by Oberleutnant »

What sleeve would the Gold award go on. I don't wanna put it on the wrong one and have to sow the bloody thing on again :lol: I am making an officers look and want it to be right. Wanted a change from my Naval uniforms for some events :lol:

Thanks in advance guys.

KB
Last edited by Oberleutnant on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wir Fahren Gegen Engelland

PanzerGrenadier (Driver)
902 Panzer Lehr
warren

Re: Tank Destroyer Award

Post by warren »

the same arm you took the 4 previous awarded silver ones off of. If you don't know - are you sure you should wear it?
Oberleutnant

Post by Oberleutnant »

I'm making an officers look, for the evenings and i wanted to be sure. So that is why i am not sure which arm it goes on.

KB

PanzerGrenadier (Driver)
902 Panzer Lehr
warren

Post by warren »

it's the right arm.
Oberleutnant

Post by Oberleutnant »

warren wrote:it's the right arm.
Thanks.

KB

PanzerGrenadier (Driver)
902 Panzer Lehr
warren

Post by warren »

no problem. :)
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Oberleutnant wrote:What sleeve would the Gold award go on. I don't wanna put it on the wrong one and have to sow the bloody thing on again :lol: I am making an officers look and want it to be right. Wanted a change from my Naval uniforms for some events :lol:

Thanks in advance guys.

KB
Hi mate :D , i know im a bit late in responding to this post but still here goes, i wouldn't use a gold Tank destruction strip on an officers jacket if i were you, not being a party pooper but you said in your post you wanted to get it right. Officers rarely destroyed tanks and when they did it was one or two but i have never seen an officer with a gold destruction strip, which if you didn't know represents 5 tanks destroyed single handed, after the fourth silver strip they were exchanged for a gold one. I have only ever seen three pics of officers wearing tank destruction strips and one of those was SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer Peiper and he only wore one silver one (see below you can just see it on the right arm)
Peiper (tankman).jpg
Peiper (tankman).jpg (3.83 KiB) Viewed 6006 times
Anyway kameraden, the end of the day the choice is yours but if you are going to do something, do it right thats my motto, good hunting, regards "Peiper"
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

No so sure Peiper: "The highest number of awards given to a single man were twenty-one, awarded to Oberstleutnant Gunter Viezenz"

20 feckin 1 mate..... 21!!! :shock: :shock:
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Peiper wrote:
Oberleutnant wrote:What sleeve would the Gold award go on. I don't wanna put it on the wrong one and have to sow the bloody thing on again :lol: I am making an officers look and want it to be right. Wanted a change from my Naval uniforms for some events :lol:

Thanks in advance guys.

KB
Hi mate :D , i know im a bit late in responding to this post but still here goes, i wouldn't use a gold Tank destruction strip on an officers jacket if i were you, not being a party pooper but you said in your post you wanted to get it right. Officers rarely destroyed tanks and when they did it was one or two but i have never seen an officer with a gold destruction strip, which if you didn't know represents 5 tanks destroyed single handed, after the fourth silver strip they were exchanged for a gold one. I have only ever seen three pics of officers wearing tank destruction strips and one of those was SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer Peiper and he only wore one silver one (see below you can just see it on the right arm)
Peiper (tankman).jpg
Anyway kameraden, the end of the day the choice is yours but if you are going to do something, do it right thats my motto, good hunting, regards "Peiper"
Mr Peiper you should go and get some more books sir as there is also Major Dr.Franz-Bäke 3,Leutnant Georg Bose , SS-Unterstrumführer Schöntaube 1 (wiking )
SS-Obersturmführer Eugen Deck 3 I have a photo of one unknown officer with 3 in an album any way thats a few of the top of my head I can look out some more if you like but like you said
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

I'd say, if you don't know what sleeve to put it on, you probably shouldn't wear it ;)
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

(Quote from Franz Repper) Mr Peiper you should go and get some more books sir as there is also Major Dr.Franz-Bäke 3,Leutnant Georg Bose , SS-Unterstrumführer Schöntaube 1 (wiking )
SS-Obersturmführer Eugen Deck 3 I have a photo of one unknown officer with 3 in an album any way thats a few of the top of my head I can look out some more if you like but like you said

Greetings gents :D fair comment Herr Repper, basically i was generalising, but there was not many officers awarded more than 4 silver strips or one gold, that is what iam saying, not compared to a ratio of OR'S or NCO'S there wasn't, that's my opinion anyway, regards Peiper :wink:

Return to “Medals and Awards”