Luft. lowboots question

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Krupp

Luft. lowboots question

Post by Krupp »

Thinking about doing a third impression dealing with the Arabs and the FJR z.b.V. I did find pictures of the ones that were in the Luftwaffe and saw the uniforms, hats/helmets and field gear but can't make out the boots in the pictures. I do have a pair of tropical lowboots but what would have been used by the Luftwaffe in Italy and Greece? I also have a pair of brown lowboots.
HGKanonier

Re: Luft. lowboots question

Post by HGKanonier »

Krupp wrote:Thinking about doing a third impression dealing with the Arabs and the FJR z.b.V. I did find pictures of the ones that were in the Luftwaffe and saw the uniforms, hats/helmets and field gear but can't make out the boots in the pictures. I do have a pair of tropical lowboots but what would have been used by the Luftwaffe in Italy and Greece? I also have a pair of brown lowboots.
Krupp,
I would think either the LW or Heer Tropical boots or the M39 Schnurstiefel. Depending on the year and whether you are Italy post-DAK or Greece pre-or post-DAK.
And, if you are throwing Sonderverband 288 in the mix, the possibility of jump boots or even mountain boots.
Krupp

Post by Krupp »

Well it would be 1943 from the picture description. Here are two of the better pictures from the series. To me the boots seem like regular brown lowboots. I am assuming that the men are a mix from Sonderverband 287 and 288 because of the two different armshields in use. Very interesting pictures. Dam, I love history!!! :D
Attachments
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-561-1148-14%2C_Ausbildung_arabischer_Luftwaffensoldaten.jpg
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-561-1148-14%2C_Ausbildung_arabischer_Luftwaffensoldaten.jpg (46.75 KiB) Viewed 2570 times
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-561-1148-04%2C_Ausbildung_arabischer_Luftwaffensoldaten.jpg
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-561-1148-04%2C_Ausbildung_arabischer_Luftwaffensoldaten.jpg (66.66 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Nice Pics - 8)
Gliderinf / Luftlande
HGKanonier

Post by HGKanonier »

My vote is leather Schnurstiefel.

Return to “Luftwaffe, HG, Flak, FD”