Mystery Quest - Hitler`s Escape

ww2 and reenacting sites of interest.
Tychsen

Re: Mystery Quest - Hitler`s Escape

Post by Tychsen »

RC
Read "OP-JB". A very interesting book.
Fiction? Doubt will always creep in. Personally, I was sold on it.
"OP is this opening Post" ?
If so , no , it does not explain who would have moved Bormann's body or who might have helped him invent his fate , nor does it shed any light on any potential escape by Hitler.
Everything regarding his escape is speculation no one has come forward to say "Yes - I helped him get out , I saw him get on a plane , I saw him get off a plane etc - no one.
Now if Hitler had a double - the "double" would be bound to know - with him gone I now inherit his fate - it is a bit like saying Hess had a double in Spandau for 50 odd years.
Who in their right mind would do it .
JB
When his body was found in the 1970s they did confirm that the body in question was him, due to a DNA test.
Not possible , DNA testing was not around at that time , the dental records did however match as did the contours of the skull, and the remains were male , they matched Bormann , and were on the route which his group would have taken from the bunker.
Moreover Rochus changed his "story" a few times, why? Old age? anyhow...
This is the nature of memory I would not rad anything into it.
As for the noise of the engine which powered the bunkers systems , it was if memory serves me right prone to breaking down the shot may or may not have been heard but more than likely not , this in itself proves or disproves nothing.
Simon Wiesenthal refused the official report that he died in the bunker.
If this is a refreence to Bormann , then yes - I agree Bormann did not die in the bunker he died attempting to escape Berlin , he did not get away to South America.

The ISS took up every opportunity they had to bring back leading figures to Israel - Eichmann was the big fish for them , there is no way that Bormann would have escaped , "sightings" would have been followed up and most likely were - they would have appeared to have led nowhere.
Eichmann on the other hand led to Eichmann.
Now by saying this I don't support the Idea that he got away, until someone has a more acceptable hypothesis supported by hard evidence then I with reconsider.
This seems to say that you have an open mind on to Hitler's fate but this in itself is a contradiction given that you say you don't support the idea that he got away.
I find the Mystery Files very short on answers and long on questions it is not really hard on evidence .
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

"OP is this opening Post" ?
You have lost me there :shock:

As I said (if you read it)
Read "OP-JB". A very interesting book.
Its a book
If so , no , it does not explain who would have moved Bormann's body or who might have helped him invent his fate
..and it does this entirely!
Yes it may possibly be a work of fiction, though the author maintains it is not.
The evidence he produces is interesting to say the least.
I believe there is a thread of truth thoughout the story, but the lilly I feel has been well guilded.
Give it a go. I read it a few years ago and thought that it was very good (though a bit commando comics)
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

RC
Its a book
Could you give the name of the book "OP - JB" does not really give much away.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Honestly, its the books name.

The book purports to tell the story of an SOE operation, involving the author and lead by Ian Flemming.

The operation is called "JB" (hence the books title - OP-JB): ISBN-10: 0671855654
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

RC found it on Amazon , as soon as "U Boat bases in Eire" was mentioned , well a yarn is the best way of describing it....perhaps the Fuhrer did get out and ended up living in a cottage near Malin Head were a lunatic land owner chases tourists off his bit of coast line - this end line is not a joke - this guy does exist ....perhaps he knows something I don't !!!!!!!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

The book is at the very least interesting though, as are the documents (one from Ian Flemming, the other from Winnie, both to the author) and photos inside.
Did it happen?
Possibly, but the story seems very embelished and as I said, quite "commando comic" in places.

The U-boat bit is the dropping/retrieving of spies in a bay. Not quite a base as such, though the claim is made that fuel was stored there.

Well worth a read, even if it is tosh. :wink:
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Sort of like Liam O'Hassel stuff. :wink:

On a more serious note.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-Death-R ... 278&sr=1-1

And perhaps on a less serious note.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Murder-Rudolf-H ... 526&sr=1-8
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-Fate-Fi ... _list-recs

The one star review sums this up for me, well written speculation remains speculation and speculation is well,....... speculation.

Return to “Internet and links”