Ironbridge Resistance Weekend 2 & 3 August 2008

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Ziegelstein

Re: Ironbridge Resistance Weekend 2 & 3 August 2008

Post by Ziegelstein »

NOMAD wrote:If it don't make money people don't want to know this day and age has any local re-enactment group thought of putting signs up or posters or is ( bill poster will be prosecuted ) been around ?
Er... just answered that in the previous post. But think you are maybe missing the point. This is a re-enactor run event for re-enactors. It's a bloody good weekend of fun, beer and displays, living history and... did I mention fun?

If the public turn up that's a bonus. The event is sponsored by a local millionaire who just wants everyone to enjoy themselves and maybe the local RBL branch can benefit along the way. This event is free admission. You don't get many of those type of events nowadays.

And we as organisers do it for fun too! There's always those who point the finger yet make no effort to help. If you can see a better way to publicise this event try making some constructive suggestions and we'll take them on board.
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

I enjoyed it and lets face it... Thats all that matters :D

PS Great laugh with the Windhund lads Saturday night (even though one of them was "Scouser" of sorts! :roll:

PPSH Did we win the cup (mug)? :|
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Ziegelstein

Post by Ziegelstein »

Der Spiess wrote:...

PPSH Did we win the cup (mug)? :|
Soz matey. you didn't. Best try again next year :wink:

Prize winners were:

Best in Show: Mark Farnworth & WWII group
2nd Prize: Andy Marsh & FJR9
3rd Prize: Operation Jedburgh 1944-45 & French Resistance (both member groups of 20cR)

All in all I reckon its a pretty good win for Axis groups. -and remember the voting was only by re-enactors. :twisted:

I reckon (personally your display was pretty good - but there again I seem to remember telling you that at the time. :D
Kammler

Post by Kammler »

Der Spiess wrote:..Great laugh with the Windhund lads Saturday night (even though one of them was "Scouser" of sorts! :roll:...
That'd be me then!

Bloody good laff we had too!

Pity they shut the bar, I was just getting me 2nd wind, cudda managed a few more! :lol:

Altho' I think that t'other Windhund with me was glad that it did! :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to sinking a few more in the future with u guys!
116 Panzer Division 'der Windhund'
Zäh wie Leder Hart wie Kruppstahl und Flink wie ein Windhund

Return to “UK reenactment and events”