belters

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Gren-Schell

Re: belters

Post by Gren-Schell »

Schäfer wrote:Last year's Beltring debacle is still too fresh in the memory for me, I'm afraid. However, as for the last 8 years, I will be attending for all 5 days (and more.)

If it is going to be wet next week then I hope the organisers ban the unnecessary use of vehicles throughout the dirt roads as it will turn into a huge impassable bog again, within a very short space of time.
Kev,
With all that water about... won't you be your element doing U-Boats!!!
:wink:
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
Steinmetz

Post by Steinmetz »

Hopefully be there from Thursday morning - if I can escape from being on exercise! :wink:

Cheers
Geordie
SS-U.f.w. Steinmetz
SBG Mechanics Section - Keeping the Reich rolling since '33!
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Gren-Schell wrote:
Schäfer wrote:Last year's Beltring debacle is still too fresh in the memory for me, I'm afraid. However, as for the last 8 years, I will be attending for all 5 days (and more.)

If it is going to be wet next week then I hope the organisers ban the unnecessary use of vehicles throughout the dirt roads as it will turn into a huge impassable bog again, within a very short space of time.
Kev,
With all that water about... won't you be your element doing U-Boats!!!
:wink:
Hi Craig, yes, we would be in our element with water, but not with quicksand or mud though, Lol.

With regard to my quote above, what were the crew of that Chinese bulldozer/tank monstrosity thinking of by ploughing through the plastic camp each evening??? the mind boggles!!
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Muller

Post by Muller »

I will be there with a few fellow kameraden from the Totenkopf, hoping to pick up some fresh blood! if we manage to come away with 1 new member i'll be over the moon!

see you all there, in the beer tent that is :-)
Scott
Location: lydd on sea and swanscombe kent first place in uk to have v1 strike 13/06/44

Post by Scott »

will be there with the rest of the group from monday to wednesday then saturday to sunday having to miss a few days due to moving house but should not miss to much
hopefully the weather will be a bit better
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html maidstone forcast for the next five days from the met office not looking to bad at moment (fingers crossed stays that way)
see you all down there no matter what the weather.
scott
Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein

ex RAF Police Wg Cmdr
member of fg39-45 feldgendarmerie
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.freeforums.org
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.webs.com
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Muller wrote:I will be there with a few fellow kameraden from the Totenkopf, hoping to pick up some fresh blood! if we manage to come away with 1 new member i'll be over the moon!

I will be there!
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

ill be there fully equiped as the german army was in 40
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

farb :lol: :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

No!
They are Aufklarungs flippers!!!!!! And that's a Medical Snorkel....
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi Guys, I was talking with the head shed of 2nd armored, he said that Belters had been sold off and this could be that last yr,etc.. and Rex was not taking such a high profile as usual??.Yes I know we have had these rumours since the late 80s etc.. But wondered if any of you guys had heard such stuff?.. Bloody shame if its true and going to be a bloody housing estate .One of the wonders of the world!..hoping its all B"""dust.
Cheers Pete
Muller

Post by Muller »

if it does get sold off i am sure someone will step up to the plate and put on something, there are a number of large sites in the south east which could be used.

You wait Les Hern will be the next Rex Cadman :shock: :wink: :lol:
crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

I heard that it was all sorted and moving oop't North :P
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

Muller wrote:I will be there with a few fellow kameraden from the Totenkopf, hoping to pick up some fresh blood! if we manage to come away with 1 new member i'll be over the moon!

looking forward to meeting you and having a chat with you , AT BELTERS :D
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

I've spoken on the phone today to someone who is already there.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, unfortunately, the place is like a quagmire already. Also, the '4 x 4 crowd' have already churned up the road linking the arena to the plastic camping :roll: .
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

paul das reich

Post by paul das reich »

oh nice kev,time to pack away the nice gear and get out the hong kong gear to shit up,any spare flippers les

Return to “UK reenactment and events”