NLBA Disgrace!

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Joseph Porta

Re: NLBA Disgrace!

Post by Joseph Porta »

ive just read 4 pages and im still no clearer, can somebody please tell this new boy what the fook NLBA stands for?

im getting the impression there a bunch of landrover owners with big gobs and attitude problems ?
and they had something to do with running W+P

many thanks, JP
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Joseph Porta wrote:ive just read 4 pages and im still no clearer, can somebody please tell this new boy what the fook NLBA stands for?

im getting the impression there a bunch of landrover owners with big gobs and attitude problems ?
and they had something to do with running W+P

many thanks, JP
I believe it stands for North London Barmy Army.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Joseph Porta

Post by Joseph Porta »

thanks mate
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

And I think it best to draw a line under this thread AGAIN

With the exception of a very few, no one would have the courage, means, balls or ability to confront this issue head on - I find James hiding behind Dale and his group to rekindle a very sensitive issue - I'm sure Dale has had enough of it as it was dealt with on the day.

The rest of the commentators are merely adding to something they do not know about first hand and have absolutely no input or influence on the matter.

NLBA have been a fixture at W&P for decades - outside of Beltring they raise, in their own inimitable style TENS OF THOUSANDS OF POUNDS FOR CHARITY - I doubt ANYONE her can say the same. I am not here to defend them - I am here to be objective though - NLBA have another side to them - several in fact - some good some bad - just like most of us.

This issue has been noted and in part dealt with - the final outcome is not yet settled and certainly not for debate on a public internet forum. What happens is the show owner's business and no one else's. So show some maturity, restraint and common sense and don't blow smoke up the arse of something you don't know or understand.
reddevil1311

Post by reddevil1311 »

Hoffman Grink wrote:And don't blow smoke up the arse of something you don't know or understand.

That could be a universal reply for a lot of threads :D

Ashley
"I am a white male aged 18 to 45, everyone listens to me no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

www.reenactor.se (FHF - Sweden)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org/
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

A little bit harsh on people there. Many groups don't have the means or ability to tackle this problem head on as they simply aren't big enough. I have however, seen plenty of individual displays of manly gonads (yes, that it a metaphor!) amongst other groups.

Anyway, when the matter has been settled, perhaps a representative could be invited on here to defend their organisation.
That should dispel some of the clouds around the orifice. Or kick off an even bigger spat.

Anyway, fair enough, I'll shut up. Out.

Return to “General”