The Road to Caen

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Welsh

The Road to Caen

Post by Welsh »

Have just done a large airsoft battle of the above and thought I would post this that was taken before start.

"Forward as One"
Hans Gowert

Re: The Road to Caen

Post by Hans Gowert »

welsh,

you might see this as a nasty comment,

but can i have your smock so i can join SASAK ?

7.62 Nato instead of 7.92 ?

sorry welsh, but so many things are shouting at me and its translating as 'WRONG' in every sence
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hi Welsh

As Tom says there are a few points that stand out with your kit. I don't want to brow beat you into what you should be doing, if you want to you will. But if you want any input or any feedback let us know, the guys on here will be happy to help.

Cheers Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Welsh

Post by Welsh »

Yes I know the Bandolier is wrong but it was a representation, the boots are Brit etc etc.
And the MG34 was made from an M249, with drum mag that hides the feed.
It was posted up for comments yes, but I am not a re-enactor, i enjoy wearing the kit and would like constructive help pse.
"Forward as One"
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i do apoligise welsh for speaking abit like a twat bud :)

The smock is printed in the wrong pattern, the smock you are wearing is printed in Splinter A, FJ smocks are known as 'Splinter B' to the modern world. (SASAK = society against splinter a knockensacks)

The MG belt you have slung over your shoulders are in 7.62 nato , which we know that german ammunition is in 7.92 and there is alot of defference between the 2 types of ammunition.

Boots are out of place aswell, alot of FJ reenactors do use british army boots but i believe they are the old type ? and most people have done some conversion on them to look simuler to FJ style boots.

Obviously the SMG pouch is a little out of place aswel, is that a US GP bag slung over the left shoulder ? if so, well it doesnt really look out of place as its captured eqiupment . and they are fooking useful bags aswell :)

Tom
Welsh

Post by Welsh »

The bag was listed as a german demo bag, and as you say was useful.

I know the MG belt is wrong as I said it was to represent a bandolier, the SMG pouches are correct as this was just a shot with th Mg as I was using an MP40 for the period.

The boot are the Brit Pro boot which are Goretex lined and are bloody comfortable and waterproof.

As i mentioned I am not a re-enactor but do like wearing the gear and if I can correct it I will.

Thanks for the help Tom

Welsh
"Forward as One"
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

as a reenactor. I dream of dry feet ! :)
Jager Roll

Post by Jager Roll »

Welsh,

Just a few inexpensive recommendations for your kit

-First I would switch out the smock for a more correct Splinter B pattern. Your smock is a splinter A which was the camoflauge used by the Army not the Luftwaffe.(see below)

There is a Gentleman on Ebay by the name of Barry Lyndon that has them for a decent price
http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-German-Fallschi ... .m14.l1262

If you do not mind a bit more pricey,At the Front has them and SMW is currectly printing some out which he will have on Ebay (A bit more pricey but worth it). Lost Battalions are decent
and Gmax

As far as the boots, You can get a pair of the Sturm FJ boots fairly inexpensively from At the Front, Hessian antique or other vendors.

Also I would try to wear the cover off to the side and not centered on your head

I dont know how serious you are about the impression. I have alot to learn myself and am always open to corrections on my impression, but if you have any questions , I would be more that happy to pass on the research I had learned

Horrido!
Tim
http://www.fjr3.com

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”