Video editing software

Moderator: Pirkka

Hans Gowert

Video editing software

Post by Hans Gowert »

Lads,

looking for video editing software which is suitable to edit camcorder footage for filmwork.

Needs the basics, adding sounds in, taking sounds out, fading in and out. Usual really,

looking for a free download, but will pay if i have to to get the right one,

cheers
Tom
Brummbar

Re: Video editing software

Post by Brummbar »

use windows movie maker
Heeresbergführer

Post by Heeresbergführer »

Servus Hans,

Well it depends on how serious your film work is and what type of computer platform you're using.

I'm a video producer/director/editor/director of photography and have been at it for the last 27 years. I use both PC's and Mac's. I prefer Mac based systems for video editing, animations, graphics, and photoshop. Apple's Final Cut Pro (or other versions) non-linear editing software is one of the best and most affordable. Avid software is more costly and high-end. The Adobe products are great, but I haven't edited any on latest version of Premiere though I hear that it is fine.

Mac's come with iMove which is pretty good and PC's come with MovieMaker which is ok, but very limited...but being free....you get what you pay for.

Hope that helps you out.

Ready....Action....and Cut!!!

Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

hello,

just something to do basically, something to do in my spare time with a year old vid camera. Instead of doing still pictures, i want to move onto basic video work with 2min short films.

cheers
Tom

Return to “Books, films & other media”