Chocolate Bar Lable

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

pzrwest

Chocolate Bar Lable

Post by pzrwest »

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Stollwerck Chocolate bar? I have a jpg of the lable for it and would like to make a mold for the bar of chocolate but need the dimensions to make the actual bar then print the lable on light blue paper then wrap the bar
Germania-HH

Re: Chocolate Bar Lable

Post by Germania-HH »

pzrwest wrote:Does anyone know the dimensions of the Stollwerck Chocolate bar? I have a jpg of the lable for it and would like to make a mold for the bar of chocolate but need the dimensions to make the actual bar then print the lable on light blue paper then wrap the bar
we have 2 different size for chocolate bars 100 and 250 gramm bars!
One was a plate and the 250 gramm was a solid block!
Today you can get her an identical Block and plate from the maker "Block"
pzrwest

bar

Post by pzrwest »

Well I'm in Canada and have never seen these bars so I have no reference as the physical size of the bars when unwrapped
Germania-HH

Re: bar

Post by Germania-HH »

pzrwest wrote:Well I'm in Canada and have never seen these bars so I have no reference as the physical size of the bars when unwrapped
When you pay postage and the chokolate i can send you some of this. You can also get other typical food or shokakola or WW2 caned bread or meat or booze in earthenware botles. We can trade with british/canadian WW2 stuff
pzrwest

bar

Post by pzrwest »

All I'm looking for is the basic dimensions of the bar I'm not looking to buy one. I want to make a mold to pour melted bakers chocolate into.
bee

Post by bee »

i can measure one next time i go food shopping if you want me to.
bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.
pzrwest

bar

Post by pzrwest »

Bee that would be great I do appreciate it very much the one i want is the thick bar( 250 gramm bar) not the thin flat bar like a regular chocolate bar. If anyone else would like the jpg of the bar label just pm me with your e-mail address
pzrwest

bar

Post by pzrwest »

I guess some are confused as to what I'm looking for and also for those that want the lable i have a link to my photobucket for it. Here is a pic of the bar i need the dimensions of:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/pz ... atebar.jpg
and here is the label for the bar it is printed on light blue paper
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/pz ... ck-bar.jpg
hope this clears up any confusion as to what I'm after
Jugendkrieger

Post by Jugendkrieger »

Harold.

Do You have the file for the frucht reigel or know where i can get one it looks awsome :)
pzrwest

lable

Post by pzrwest »

I will check with the person who owns the pic and see if i can get scans of the files for the lables in the pic
Jugendkrieger

Post by Jugendkrieger »

thank you very much Pzwest you always come through, oh and is there anything i must know about making molds for food i was thiunking about making one for scho-ka-kola slices its just unpracticale to keep paying 8$ a tin
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

As a suggestion for Scho-ka-kola; why not buy a tin with the contents. Make a mould from one of these pieces using latex. You can then melt down chocolate, 'cast' the peices and eat them.

Just a thought!!! :wink:
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
pzrwest

molds

Post by pzrwest »

Another way is to make the wedge shapes from balsa wood and arrange them in a circle then vacu-form the wedges and then you can pour a whole layer of the wedges at one time
FJR6

Post by FJR6 »

Hello,
I hate sounding like a party pooper, but somehow the labels you have on those items just don't look period authentic.
They may for an un-German eye, but to me they don't.

In Bonn we have a damn good museum called "Haus der Geschichte" and it has a wonderful collection of these foodstuff packagings, detergents, etc.
I a short while, I will get the photos we took at our recent trip to various museums West of Germany. One, the National Military Museum im Diekirch, Luxemburg, is especially well stuffed with these items, too. I'll post some pics of original items in a short while.

Again, don't get me wrong, I don't want to belittle anybody's effort, I just want to express my concerns about the accuracy of the labels.
Noily

Post by Noily »

FJR6 wrote:Hello,
I hate sounding like a party pooper, but somehow the labels you have on those items just don't look period authentic.
They may for an un-German eye, but to me they don't.

In Bonn we have a damn good museum called "Haus der Geschichte" and it has a wonderful collection of these foodstuff packagings, detergents, etc.
I a short while, I will get the photos we took at our recent trip to various museums West of Germany. One, the National Military Museum im Diekirch, Luxemburg, is especially well stuffed with these items, too. I'll post some pics of original items in a short while.

Again, don't get me wrong, I don't want to belittle anybody's effort, I just want to express my concerns about the accuracy of the labels.
Volker, your group must have some artistic types that could put up some designs for us folk without the historical resources that you have on your doorstep - Doesn't your group use "repro labels"?? - be a sport and share them.

Well done to pzrwest for doing what he does its better than a Food Lion choc bar wrapper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Paperwork”