Me 109 "Schwarz 6"

ww2 and reenacting sites of interest.
Hoffman Grink

Me 109 "Schwarz 6"

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Thanks to Cam Finlay for pointing me to this:

The Spitfire remains the abidingly iconic aircraft of WWII but sitting side by side is the Messerschmidt Me 109 - ALthough opponents in war - just watch this and marvel at the lines and functionality of this warbird

Even though the later Typhoon, FW190 and Me262 brought even more wonderful aesthetic lines to the sky - The 109 along with it's "sister" the Spitfire, remain firmly planted in our psyche.
Enjoy.
Hoffman Grink

Re: Me 109 "Schwarz 6"

Post by Hoffman Grink »

See what I mean
schwarz engel

Post by schwarz engel »

if you fancy buying 1 , herman historica has i for sale ,starting price 15000,00 euros i think , :twisted:
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

The incredibly cramped cockpit , the poor visibility forward and behind are immediately evident.
When you look at the "Gustav" in the second clip it has a "Galland hood" which allows the pilot an easier view aft and more shoulder room to look around let to right.
Nice piece of film. :)
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Is she flying again?,a few years back a senior RAF officer 'pranged it',Would be great if she is.
In 1996 I and some other guys from a FJ group,did a photo shoot around this aircraft for a verlinden model book,which was published in 1997.I remember asking the pilot which he prefered to fly,the ME or the Spit; he replied that the spitfire could literally turn on a 'sixpence',but at low level you could not beat the ME for speed.It really was great to see her action.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group

Return to “Internet and links”