NLBA Disgrace!

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Sturmschar

NLBA Disgrace!

Post by Sturmschar »

Having had another superb Belting I have to I have to make a comment about the “NLBA”.

On Sunday afternoon I was taking the redoubtable Gert Krasner 87yr old Das Reich veteran to the main car park for his journey home with an SBG member. Having loaded Gert and Timmo into my Kubel we set off for the main entrance, when we arrived at the main junction by the booking in tent it was clear that traffic was being diverted away from the main entrance and was crawling another more convoluted route. I have to say, by way of context, that Gert had spent four days in the “dust bowl” and had endured a 10 min trip in an open vehicle through a considerable amount of dust. Upon reaching the junction we encountered an individual in a white W&P t-shirt and sunglasses, I explained to him that Gert was a veteran and spending more time eating dust was not very good for him and that I wanted to go straight on to the main entrance in order to alleviate this. The gentleman told me there was no way I was using that route and that I was to continue in the line of traffic. As further reasoning made no difference I asked him to contact Greg Cottee on the radio to which he replied that “Greg Cottee was a nobody” that he had no interest in the plight of Gert and that he was enforcing Rex Cadman’s orders and that I should get out of the way. So we endured a further 15 mins eating dust before reaching the carpark.

For as long as I can remember the animals of the NLBA have been given various responsibilities by Rex. For as long as I can remember they have caused trouble. For the last three years I have been confronted by one of these unpleasant, unhelpful and far from intelligent individuals, throwing their weight about in an arbitrary manner. The treatment of Gert is for me the last straw. The SBG are extremely unhappy about this incident and I am aware that Normandy 44 also have a serious issue with NLBA as well. What will it take for Rex Cadman to exercise some serious control over the NLBA, or better still ban them.
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Jack

Re: NLBA Disgrace!

Post by Jack »

As you say Andy a disgrace but not suprising with these complete and utter cretins, i would love to see them banned from the show.
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Drunken pikeys.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

By the way, it's worth noting that the reputation they have with me is self made and no way fromtales from anyone else. My first meeting with any of their members was with a man in his thirties repeatedly screaming the words "**** off" at me from five feet away when I saw the shirt and asked directions after making my way to the re-enactment field for the first time.

Lovely people.
seadog

Post by seadog »

Hey hallo Andy, beltring baileys hasn't helped to calm you down then? :lol:

Don't worry, so many bastards, so few bullets!!! :twisted: :twisted:

look on page 2 of the saturday pics of w&p show, like father, like son.
meyer

Post by meyer »

Saddened but in no way surprized andy .it's long over due that the nlba were shown the door.Kp1 stands with you on this mate
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hmm i can also remember the bridge incident when the lorry went into it and through it few years back
after standing there trying to discuss a new systwm of getting vehicles off the filed one of the barmy army then decided to tell me to "**** off"...whilst i was giving a sugestion to another official

not acceptable

now i gotta say
if the barmy army are there runnig things next year

i wont be going

not a big loss im sure
but in time im sure many others will pull out
as many allready have
our other section ..won best group a few years back
where are they now
wont go after there treatment the following year

if the reenactors pull out ...well no gun hire no mops and certainly lost revenue
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Arent this the lot that went around one year putting stickers on reenactors saying "This is not a fasion show" only to turn up the following year all dressed like somthing out of mad max???
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

les hearn wrote:
if the reenactors pull out ...well no gun hire no mops and certainly lost revenue
You are joking aren't you Les? If the re-enactors pull out there is more space to let to stallholders etc. And as for gun hire - I dare not tell you how much fiscal value people had from Rex in weapons and blank ammunition. I love you dearly mate but sometimes you talk without any idea of what you are saying.

First and Foremost W&P is NOT a living history show and the re-enactment fields do not generate any significant income for the show. Re-enactors unlike vehicle exhibitors do not pay to get in and do not have to pay for extra passes or camping. Re-enactors provide an attraction to the show but consider how much a digger costs, a driver, all the mess to the field and all the other sundries associated with it.

I'm not defending the show or NLBA - neither if which is my job. I'm just clarifying an anomaly as a person with knowledge.

Every year people build up to Beltring and every year there is 6-10 days of moaning, dissection and general bitching about it afterwards. And then the following year everyone is back as usual and the show goes on and happens.........

To my mind at least it's a pointless exercise and indicative of how re-enactors generally see themselves...... :roll:
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Ropes wrote:Arent this the lot that went around one year putting stickers on reenactors saying "This is not a fasion show" only to turn up the following year all dressed like somthing out of mad max???
No, not the same group at all.
meyer

Post by meyer »

yes it is the nlba i collered some of these muppets last year in the beer tent happyly stickering away or at least they were happly until i challanged them.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Mad Max gang is East of England Tank Museum "Tramps In Armour" who are most definitely onside with re-enactors. They are not the ones who sticker us up.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

meyer wrote:
yes it is the nlba
It's getting like a pantomime around here. In that vein I venture an 'oh no it isn't and raise you a 'because of the reasons posted by H Grink above'.
meyer

Post by meyer »

and lo' stigroadie did throw the first custrad pie , you was not there and got "we are the nlba and can do what the f*** we like" i was and did so if it's over to you.ps i like rubbuarb pies with cream if you realy what to start :lol: Bottom line and still the whole point of this is NLBA are the pitts and will have to go
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

Hoffman Grink wrote:
les hearn wrote:
"And as for gun hire - I dare not tell you how much fiscal value people had from Rex in weapons and blank ammunition. I love you dearly mate but sometimes you talk without any idea of what you are saying.

oh correct me then

not the reeactors who hire then but vehicle owners.......

and public do come in to see the reenactors too

i know of some who only come for the reenactors

as for not knowing what im sayin ...fair do's
maybe i dont then.

i mentioned the weapons hire ....it was not mentioned to rile you paul
but seems it has...
do i need to appologise?
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.

Return to “General”