Iron Cross 2nd class

Moderator: Feldjager

gurowski

Re: Iron Cross 2nd class

Post by gurowski »

mario33 wrote: there photos - right - any to prove it ? I like good photos :) Is as simple as that - post them ;) You may have tens of them - count them carefully. then count those WITHOUT medals, divide both numbers by themselved. If you get lower than 1% (that I am 99.999999% sure :mrgreen: ) - you would get the answer to your question of rule...

PS: we are still talking "in the field/combat", right ? Still - really raring to see all those dozens of combat pics. I miss real combat pics very much.
Mario 33, you say you like good photos. I have just the place for you to get them from. Have you ever heard of a thing called a BOOK. A BOOK is what a person buys to do their research. Infact before forums and the advent of a google search people liked them so much they bought loads of BOOKS.
BOOKS are what you use to look up things in, not asking on forums all the time. BOOKS come out on lots of different sections of the German army in WW2. You buy the BOOK of the part of the army that interests you. You can buy BOOKS on uniforms, guns, different divisions withing the army, even nude girly pictures.
If you had a BOOK you could look up pictures of soldiers in combat and see that every second soldier running round has Abzeichen on his uniform.
A lack of medals could also be explained by the fact they had to be earned, and at that stage they hadnt yet been earned.
mario33

Post by mario33 »

Mr gurowski, I'll try to be as precise as possible. Maybe my English is too difficult to understand.

Imagine, I can read. I do read various things. Including books. Including books on 2 world war. Including boooks containing pictures. Including books on the subject we're talking bout.

Based on that reading, I can see most of the pictures of landsers in field uniforms with bright shiny medals were made by kriegsberichters. They were mostly paid for good propaganda pictures. Therefore, they mostly staged them outside real fighting area. Not really for security purpose, but mostly because their equipment made crap photos while running/hiding/crawling etc. And they were not paid for crap pictures, that in turn couldnt be used for propaganda/newspaper use. So they staged the combat scenes. And nothing can make those pictures more 'dramatic' and 'nazi' like a stash of medals on every blouse around. As you said - on every second blouse...

I also met some other pics - privately made. And, guess what, surprise, surprise, mostly no shiny medals on them in the combat zone ! Apart from maybe on portraits. I say mostly, ie. 99%. I know its sooo posh to wear them. And here comes some moron that tries to spoil the fancy badge/camo party.

I can see your point but I dare to disagree. Its my view and if you like you may prove me wrong (I'd be happy to change my mind). And you cant do that by simply joking about (supposedly) me. Its not the situation that the person who shouts loudest is right.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

mario33

Post by mario33 »

Just being a bit bored so I reached for a BOOK (mind you) off my shelf (I do have some): The German Wehrmacht on All Fronts 1939-1945: Images from Private Photo Albums

There are 3 or 4 pictures on each page of the a.m. album. I excluded portrait pictures as a rule. After some 110 pages I found TWO pictures showing bright insignia pinned to a landser's chest in semi-combat situation - like staring at destroyed enemy tanks. And maybe thats because both two of them were panzer men that cared a bit less about camouflage. They went to combat stuck behind steel walls anyway.

I will try to find more...

EDIT: Ok, I found 6 in total on 230 pages full of pictures (thats over 800 pics altogether).
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

MOD HEAD ON MR gurowski please wind your neck in Mario has lost of BOOKs :mrgreen:
Now I have looked throw my collection of ORIGINAL photos and Mario has a point I will go throw the BOOKs later
ImageImageImageImageImage
GR916/15/14

Post by GR916/15/14 »

Hello,

Not sure what this thread is getting at...but here are some nice pics to look over, 6 crosses being worn of various levels by varous people in GD.
Attachments
SAM_1248.JPG
SAM_1248.JPG (83.44 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
SAM_1246.JPG
SAM_1246.JPG (92.78 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
SAM_1247.JPG
SAM_1247.JPG (72.45 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland
http://www.germansoldier.co.uk
GR916/15/14

Post by GR916/15/14 »

Attachments
SAM_1244.JPG
SAM_1244.JPG (78.51 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
SAM_1245.JPG
SAM_1245.JPG (88.78 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland
http://www.germansoldier.co.uk
Peter Bauer

Post by Peter Bauer »

Wearing medals in a award ceremony is... kinda obvious thing to do..

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”