www.militaryharbor.com

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Yuri

www.militaryharbor.com

Post by Yuri »

did someone ordered anything from that store?

http://www.militaryharbor.com/index.aspx

There is few items Id like to buy but Ive never bought from that guy earlier on so Im looking for some opinions.

Thanks in advance
Yuri
War, war never changes...

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR
MAA204

Re: www.militaryharbor.com

Post by MAA204 »

I have ordered a couple of insignia at this shop. Quality is reasonable, but I have seen better ones.
He did forget about my order until I sent a reminder, but even then I got my items relatively fast.

So for insignia, it's cheap, but relatively good quality, and he replies fast aswell.

Hope this is helpfull...

regards,

MAA204
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

I've bought from him twice, he also has shop on ebay.
http://stores.ebay.com/Military-Harbor

A.Weiß
PanzerIV

Post by PanzerIV »

did anyone bought stalhelm in this store?
I wonder if their M40 is close enough to original
VonSchnitzel

Post by VonSchnitzel »

his good and reliable and I get alot of my stuff from him
Western Australia's Only WW2 Reenacting Group
World War 2 Forces WA
http://www.ww2forceswa.com

Ramcke Brigade Afrika
43rd Sturm Pioniers
18th Luftwaffe Field Division
German Combat Medic
PanzerIV

Post by PanzerIV »

What do you know about fabric they use?
Anybody ordered any jacket/bluse from this store?
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

would there be any import charge on stuff, i know people who have been stung by it buying stuff from the usa.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

johankreig wrote:would there be any import charge on stuff, i know people who have been stung by it buying stuff from the usa.
it's random - you just have to put up with it.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

Gliderinf wrote:
johankreig wrote:would there be any import charge on stuff, i know people who have been stung by it buying stuff from the usa.
it's random - you just have to put up with it.
Funny enough Ive been stung every time with stuff coming from USA, 50% of the time with stuff from Canada, and NEVER had to pay import on anything from China/Hong Kong/Singapore, dont know why thats just my experience :)

As with all the Asian repro they have some good stuff and some bad stuff, Its a lot of work to winnow out the wheat from the chaff Ive had a go with Tropical German Repro Kit
Seller, prices, recommendations, who to avoid etc etc If I can figure out if its possible to upload Adobe Acrobat document to the group Ill make it freely available.

Chris C
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

[quote][Funny enough Ive been stung every time with stuff coming from USA, 50% of the time with stuff from Canada, and NEVER had to pay import on anything from China/Hong Kong/Singapore, dont know why thats just my experience /quote]. Being stung from the USA goes back to the "banana war", from memory it was in the 80's storm in tea cup really but in meant you have to pay import tax and "vat" to get anything into this country from the US. At one time anything under $150.00 was exempt as it cost too much to collect. 18 months ago, my brother in law ordered two war gaming "objects" from the USA. total price was about $30.00. our customs wanted £100.00 cos they said this wasnt the correct price for them and the paperwork was probably forged. Needless to say he didnt get them or pay customs either.
So irrespective of paid value from the US our customs tell you what it will cost to import into this country.
BE WARNED. The stuff from the far east doesnt go via USA. No one wants to sort this out because it also works the opposite way round, therefore both countries are getting extra taxes.
graham
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

pepperpot wrote: Being stung from the USA goes back to the "banana war", from memory it was in the 80's storm in tea cup really but in meant you have to pay import tax and "vat" to get anything into this country from the US. At one time anything under $150.00 was exempt as it cost too much to collect. 18 months ago, my brother in law ordered two war gaming "objects" from the USA. total price was about $30.00. our customs wanted £100.00 cos they said this wasnt the correct price for them and the paperwork was probably forged. Needless to say he didnt get them or pay customs either.
So irrespective of paid value from the US our customs tell you what it will cost to import into this country.
BE WARNED. The stuff from the far east doesnt go via USA. No one wants to sort this out because it also works the opposite way round, therefore both countries are getting extra taxes.
graham
I vaguely recall that spat. I not yet had a declared value challenged like your Brother in Law had, but I do have 2 niggles I have first hand experience of -they take the declared dollar value as a pounds value and apply tax/vat to the dollar figure, I think youre allowed £27 in value before they tax it, as a duty free purchase for yourself, so technically a parcel declared at $27 should fall under the threshold as its real sterling value is only less than £18 but no, tax has been calculated on a figure of £27 ignoring the currency value differences. The other niggle is the post office slapping an £8:50p handling fee on anything that customs do charge on. sometimes that is more than the customs charge itself! Nothing more than state sponsored banditry.
Chris C.
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote

Return to “General”