progress of my Torn Radio

Discuss anything to do with communications here

Moderator: Feldjager

Hauser

progress of my Torn Radio

Post by Hauser »

Hi just a few photos on the progress of my Torn Radio

My intention is to build and fit a valve receiver in the unit and also a PMR i have also cut all the major knobs off and intend to link directly to the receiver inside, i have cut perspex for the dials, and downloaded a dial face plate, then mounted it onto perspex, i have made all the sockets live, ( and Fu*k*d up one of the bottom push in terminals but its now been fillered and re drilled, and re tapped !) the front plate has now been sanded down and stoppered, filling all the light scratches out, The sheet steel arrived last week so got the box to sort out, I will post more when finished thanks ....sorry for the shity photos as took with Cam phone as misplaced cam lead. :lol:

AFRA member
Hauser

Re: progress of my Torn Radio

Post by Hauser »

a rethink on the bulls eye lenses ...trying to track some down but cut some plastic lens's for the moment, just got a little more work on the front, then i can start putting the radio in

Rear of panel showing the control shafts ...i have some brass bar and i am going to use the bar for the plug socket pins on the radio front .....ps has anyone got a mike kit going spare they want to sell :lol: :lol:

AFRA member
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

always loads going on German Ebay m8
I got 3 sets of headphones a morse key and a stand mic all from there :) not badly priced too just watch for the non paypal ones as the bank charges hefty fees for wire transfers.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Altes-militarisc ... 1e6466eb06 type
Never Surrender. Your Honour lies in victory or death
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Thanks PanzerMart for taking the time to post ! and thanks for the link... i do have a key and can do CW a bit lol...! so if i canot get a mike / case im not stuck, but i am now monitoring ebay Germany ! thanks again for help ...best regards Rich :D
AFRA member

Return to “Radio/signals”