CHARGE YOUR BATTERY FROM WOOD AT A SHOW !

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Hauser

CHARGE YOUR BATTERY FROM WOOD AT A SHOW !

Post by Hauser »

This is a very unusual piece of kit ! how about a steam ...yes steam generator ! these was used by SOE in Europe and also in Burma for charging Battery's rare as F*ck Now i can see no reason these did not fall into German hands ...also would appeal to steam buffs ..... runs on wood coal ?? etc if my memory serves me correct, its around 6v at about 5/6 amps, and is a right work of art ! prob worth £500 / £1000 + to the right man ...ive seen one running many years ago, the guy on Ebay don't know the value, its £150 at the moment ...here's the link :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251070477431? ... 1423.l2649
AFRA member
Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: CHARGE YOUR BATTERY FROM WOOD AT A SHOW !

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Bloody hell, never seen or heard of these before wonder if you can cook on it at the same time as charging now that would be usefull.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

I burnt the back of my hand on it pissing about with the flue Dave :lol: ....two Dit's had it set up on a runway...the flue gets red hot !! so you could rig it to warm your mess tin up ! LOL never seen one for 30 years till now, and it looks like its only been used as a toy.... they are very well made but heavy.....he's dated it with the strap ??(bad move) i think they stopped making them mid 40's so chances are its a WW2 one ...oh and there very quiet ! regards Rich :D
AFRA member
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Quiet is a good point mate, ive seen lots of jennys at events and heard plenty of moans about the noise at night.

Sounds like you could use it for a brew no problems mind you would need a decent size vehicle to move it around (not something i would put in my (nearly) new car.

By the way mate hoping to collect my 23cm set up on wednesday.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Do remember that steam boilers/generators have their own inherent risks, particularly if not maintained properly.

Interesting peice though.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.

Return to “General”