WW1 German field equipment / WW2 Finnish items

saddler

WW1 German field equipment / WW2 Finnish items

Post by saddler »

Hi

Looking for a few items for my Finnish set:

A reproduction WW1 German breadbag "Brotbeutel m/1887" (similar to the M31 WW2, but with only one attaching point d-ring on the outer edge) OR the later Finnish pattern example (shown on the right)
Image Image

A reproduction WW1 pattern water-bottle "m/1910".

The m/1908 mess tins (Eßgeschirr 1908) I'm after are larger than the later M31 type.
Ideally after the 08/'15 ? (Eßgeschirr 1908/2. Modell) version.
Used originals will be ok if they'll clean up...or ideas where to source good new reproductions...only found one possible for repro & they're out of stock.

Helmet: only if they are accurate copies, of either an M16 or an M17 Stahlelm, or a WW2 German M35 or an M40

Boots: WW1 pattern, in size 42/8 UK - may consider good WW2 boots instead

...& any other suitable WW1 German or WW2 Finnish kit not mentioned above

Thanks for looking
Last edited by saddler on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
saddler

Re: WW1 German items - Breadbag, MessTin & Waterbottle

Post by saddler »

Still looking...
saddler

Re: WW1 German items - Breadbag, MessTin, Waterbottle, Helme

Post by saddler »

Helmet added to wants list...
saddler

Re: WW1 German field equipment / WW2 Finnish items

Post by saddler »

Edited the text & added more wants to the list
Friedrich Köhler

Post by Friedrich Köhler »

I might got a friend who got original Finnish field bottle. If you want I can introduce you to each other?
Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

I am thinking of selling all my Finnish stuff. Most are post war, but seem very close to war time gear and uniforms. PM me if you are interested.
a canteen, haversack, rucksack, cartridge pouch (1920 finn, and ww12 german) medic gear, summer tunic, breeches, boots, (actually wacht battalion German post war) mess tin, maybe even a post war medic bergan style pack with contents

overcoat and summer tunic, maybe a reg 4 pocket tunic. Have not looked much yet in the storage section.
Patrick
saddler

Post by saddler »

Pyotr wrote:I am thinking of selling all my Finnish stuff. Most are post war, but seem very close to war time gear and uniforms. PM me if you are interested.
a canteen, haversack, rucksack, cartridge pouch (1920 finn, and ww12 german) medic gear, summer tunic, breeches, boots, (actually wacht battalion German post war) mess tin, maybe even a post war medic bergan style pack with contents

overcoat and summer tunic, maybe a reg 4 pocket tunic. Have not looked much yet in the storage section.
Patrick
PM sent
Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

I am about 5'7", 40 inch chest, 32-34 waist, inseam about 30". Sorry, I use metric but not for clothing size as no one uses it here in the advanced land of USA.

I can photograph but will need to send by AOL I think as this forum is rejecting my photos from my cell phone. Price I am no longer sure what I paid, so I would have to look around. Most of my stuff is post war, but to me it appears period. I have an overcoat and a summer tunic which I was particularly happy to get. I have field gear, and such. I want to keep one rucksack and haversack, but I likely will never reenact in this stuff as there are very few interested in what is about the best impression there is. For example, I do WW1 German, once I loved the "horned" helmet as the finns called it. But compared to the Czech helmet, or the Swedish civil defense, or the swedish/finnish 39, it stinks to heaven. My point being there are few armies one can reenact with a choice of6-7 helmet styles!

Anyway, write me at EMTChaplain@aol.com and after the US freedom/4th of July parties the town is throwing and I have to participate I will be able to send photos.
Patrick

Return to “Wanted”