Jump boots!any ideas on suppliers?

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

dagda

Re: Jump boots!any ideas on suppliers?

Post by dagda »

SM gear is great, but, the service is patchy. If Im buying SM gear in the future its through At the front, 1944 or Soldier of fortune. Sorry, buts that the way it is! I suspect there is calf measurements that SM wholesale make but the final product is sold as seen! hence mine fit great! But others beg to differ! :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

the SM side lacing boots that SOF are selling do not look like those ones you have posted. SM side lacing boots look a hell of alot more baggy around the front when i had mine (which i sent them back)

Regards
Tom
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Hans Gowert wrote:the SM side lacing boots that SOF are selling do not look like those ones you have posted. SM side lacing boots look a hell of alot more baggy around the front when i had mine (which i sent them back)

Regards
Tom
The plot thickens- I wonder who made these then- they were sold to me as boots bought from SOF so I assumed they were the same. The sole certinaly looks the same construction. Maybe there is an alternate maker out there somewhere??????
dagda wrote:SM gear is great, but, the service is patchy. If Im buying SM gear in the future its through At the front, 1944 or Soldier of fortune. Sorry, buts that the way it is! I suspect there is calf measurements that SM wholesale make but the final product is sold as seen! hence mine fit great! But others beg to differ! :lol:
Good point there Dagda- The Mexican manufacturers may actually provide a sevice and make different calf widths- what a novelty. I cannot find and markings or ink on mine to indicate widths or otherwise. I agree that this would be a nightmare to vend, and possibly they are sold as is - first come, first serve.
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i have no doubt hansch that they are SM boots, zac bought them from sof and there only supplier is SM for those, but they seem to be from the first batch that they did which yanks complained that they couldnt get there leg in, so they made the calf over sized :)

Tom
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hell, I hope they're not your jump trousers in the photos! :lol:
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

I heard Storm is going to produce side laced boots with a fe months....
Obergefreiter Hansch

carentan wrote:Hell, I hope they're not your jump trousers in the photos! :lol:
hahahah, no, Darren, definitely not! I erred on the side of caution and rather than present a naked leg I kept those on!

Stefan

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Obergefreiter Hansch

Hans Gowert wrote:i have no doubt hansch that they are SM boots, zac bought them from sof and there only supplier is SM for those, but they seem to be from the first batch that they did which yanks complained that they couldnt get there leg in, so they made the calf over sized :)

Tom
That makes sense, thanks Tom.

Nothing like re-creating a historical piece to suit modern "fitness"! :?

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

they do look good,

wish i bought them now :P

Tom
Kreta

Post by Kreta »

Try civilwar boot co Tom Mattimore makes a custom set to your foot. No problem with my set yet. I spalshed a wee bit of brown dye on them to gve them a darker scheme.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

front or side lacing :) ?
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

New supplier has said he can supply front laceing FJ Jump boots. Cost will be around £280. Given that Thomas is out of action (I'm not trying to profit from another guys misfortunes, I wish a full and speedy recovery) I thought it will give UK re-enactors another option. No pictures yet but you can see other boots in my shop section:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=12235
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

totenkopfverband

Re:

Post by totenkopfverband »

FJR6 wrote:No.
In fact, if SoF has not radically changed the product since I saw it last this October at Ciney, it is crap.
Their side-laced boots are made by SM Wholesale in the US and for one they are much too wide on the calf (unless you have calves like a Rhino), not cut correctly on the foot and the height of the boot will not increase or decrease with size.
I'd say, stay away from them.

Zeugmeisterei used to have Czech fake boots which were quite nice, but their size range was limited.

best regards,
Volker

have you seen these in person (the sm sidelaced boots)? have you handled the orginals (very hard to come by)? the sm wholesale boots, while not correct in all aspects is still better than sturm quality, and durable enough as well.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

sturm dont make a side lacing boot.....
totenkopfverband

Post by totenkopfverband »

i was refering to the general quality/durability of the boots vs the hobby's lower end boots, not a particular type of boot. as far i know only zm briefly made the side-laced fj boots and i find the zm version have an overly-stiff incorrect texture compared to the originals they compared them to.

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”